6.8 SPC Forums banner

6.8 SPC Load Data Chart

167K views 121 replies 78 participants last post by  Bob68 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I did an extensive search on all the different sites for 6.8 loading data. I took what I found and compiled it into a spreadsheet then outputted the sheets into .jpg s uploaded them to a hosting site and then link them here. Sorry for the watermarks but I wasn't going to spend a 69 dollars for the program that converts the pages to images until I know its worth it. You can still readily see all the data under them as it is inversed b & w.

Hope this is helpful. This will be add to the "facts and info chart" on the main forum when I get it updated, revamped with everything in charts, and reorganized.

If you guys have more load data that isn't up there please post it. I will update it again when we have a good amount more. I need bullet / powder / primer / OAL of round barrel / description / velocity / temperature. Even if you have one of the loads posted but used a different barrel(maker, twist, chamber,length) or at a very different temp, we could still use it. Others that have the same config will know what to expect from their config.

I will Sticky this after its viewed and it looks OK.

If you go HERE you can download the actual excel file

HERE for .pdf

It is organized in the following order: bullet, powder by burn rate fast to slow, charge size, barrel length.

6.8 SPC Hand Loading Data

See less See more
#4 ·
Oh do I dream of such a thing. Oh man 100' indoor range. Hmmmm
I could just get a few sections of that huge corrugated pipe they use for sewers and drainage. Dig a long ditch with a backhoe and seal it at both ends. Gun range / bomb / storm / survival shelter all in one. :lol:

With that data up there anyone with any barrel can easily find a load for what ever the use is they have a need for. That is a treasure grove of data. All in one place of reference. I just hope people use it to save them a lot of trial and error.

Tim

#5 ·
Tim_W said:
Oh do I dream of such a thing. Oh man 100' indoor range. Hmmmm
I could just get a few sections of that huge corrugated pipe they use for sewers and drainage. Dig a long ditch with a backhoe and seal it at both ends. Gun range / bomb / storm / survival shelter all in one. :lol:

With that data up there anyone with any barrel can easily find a load for what ever the use is they have a need for. That is a treasure grove of data. All in one place of reference. I just hope people use it to save them a lot of trial and error.

Tim
I've been thinking about that pipe thing for years, If I ever settle down long enough that will happen.

#6 ·
You get it setup before me I will fly my ass out there to take a look. I have owned a residential construction company in my other life building mainly steel framed customs. But you have all the design and commercial know how I would love to see how you handle it.:D

Tim

#8 ·
About eight days ago Kathy and I visited the Sierra factory in Sedalia MO and got to visit their underground range. They can shoot up to 200 yds...all 30' underground....!

VERY VERY Cool....

Kerry

#23 ·
I see that the 130 grain sub sonic loads list a Reloader 9 powder load.

Every site & source I've checked with has never heard of any such powder.

I did find a reference to 6,8 Sub sonic loads with Reloader 19 on AR15.com.

Could this be a typo on the list posted here?

Just that I'm I'm curious, not trying to flame any one. Lord knows, my fingers make lots of errors on the key board!!

#24 ·
There is one in every group :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good catch. Unfortunately that is a image that was a PITA to make from the excel sheet and then get to fit so I won't be changing it there until I do a update with more load data. But I will change it on excel doc as I just checked and sure enough its the same. It was either by me or posted wrong my bet is I missed the one as I was literally going thru thousands of posts on the various forums trying to find all the reload data. I am planing to try to update the chart twice a year or every quarter if there are big changes. I will probably start asking for people load data in the next month to start on it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.