6.8 SPC Forums banner

New muzzle brake. Killer Innovations 5/8-24 5.56 & .308.

7K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  popo1984 
#1 · (Edited)
I was looking for a 5/8-24 muzzle brake for a 18" 6.5 Grendel build when I found this brake (Killer Innovations). Figured I couldn't go wrong at 49.95, seeing I was real close to picking up other brakes which were twice the cost. I have been using the Rainier Arms XTC lately. Once I received the brake I was more than impressed with the design, machining and finish. One well designed/ manufactured brake at a great price.

http://killer-innovations.com

On my fluted Lilja #7 contour.

See less See more
#6 ·
One well designed/ manufactured brake at a great price
OK price is good, but they need to make it in 6.5 and 6.8 bore sizes.

And it has to be tested against other breaks, loud is good. I am not talking about flash hiders, muzzle brakes reduce recoil usually to allow a faster follow up shot.

My best muzzle brake is on my Savage 10TR 308, a JP "Cooley" that reduces a 175 SMK in a 11 pound Savage to LESS than a 6.8 SPC, just a little more than a 77 GR 223! Reduces recoil by over 50%!!!!!!!!

The PRI for 6.8 is a little disappointing, it does reduce recoil on my 11 pound Savage 6.8 SPCII, but by about 20%.

I have a Savage 308 muzzle brake on my AR 6.8SPCII, it works well with just a little less recoil than the Savage 6.8. But the bore is way too large.

If they (Killer Innovations) want to loan me a 6.8 brake I will review it for them as I have 2 Savage bolt 6.8s and 2 AR15 6.8s. There is nothing better to quantify the recoil than to shoot the same bullets in different rifles back to back.

#8 · (Edited)
I have the same brake that breastroker mentioned in his post #6 above.(JP's, Bennie Cooley comp. JPTRE-5.58B.925) on my new Rem SPS TAC chambered in 308Win. This weapon has a heavy 16.5" bbl and it came threaded 5/8 X 24. I shot some full powered 175gr SMK's and 155gr Palma's at the range about a week ago and the felt recoil was like my 6.8 Bison/AR. Loud.....?.....kinda....but who cares. A brake is a brake is a brake. If it "works as a brake...good enough for me.

Good Shootin' To All --- pruhdlr

#10 ·
I am all for things looking good but when did muzzle attachments become fashion accessories? We had better NEVER make fun of our wives again for having their purses and shoes matching.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.