6.8 SPC Forums banner

Ade Advanced Optics. Beware?

59K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Katzen Jaeger 
#1 · (Edited)
In my never ending search for quality yet affordable AR parts and optics, I ran across a supposed company called "Ade Advanced Optics". They have a nice line of scopes that have lots of bells and whistles for fairly good prices. Then, I found a website that sells their stuff specifically.... Optics Factory??? All scopes on the rifle scope page, sit right next to another brand of scope called, "Crusader". I think these are the same scopes as the Counter Sniper brand, which I think is some really cheap junk from what everyone says. Anyway, they have this really nifty 1-10X24 for a $319.00, and something doesn't seem right. Unless of course, they are actually half decent, workable optics. What really makes me wonder is the description says "German Glass, Assembled in USA". ??????

http://www.opticsfactory.com/outdoo...fle-scope-10-time-zoom-optical-gunsights-usa/

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Ok, I emailed the company on the web page, and got this response to a few basic questions about them. I think it's a small outfit that has stuff simply shipped in from China and branded whatever name they want on the product. Also, he admitted the scopes are made in China (obviously), but I don't understand why the website says they are German Glass, and Assembled in USA. Seems strange. Unless sticking a price tag on the box is consider to be legally part of "the assembly process".

1. Where are you located?
We located in Oregon city. ORegon
2. Where are your scopes manufactured and assembled?

This 1-10x24 scope is assembled in China.
3. Does it have country of manufacture engraved on your products?

We have country of origin on all our scopes except on some of limited models that made for sample purpose.
4. What quality controls do you use, and how does your glass compare to Vortex Optics?

We have been doing private label for many years, many of the well-known companies have business with us. Our scope is the same quality compare to other major name brand.

^^^^Uh, ok. This, I really scratch my head over. As good as Vortex? hmmmmm....
5. What purging is used on your scopes?

are nitrogen purged, fully multi coated and fogproof, and tested to 5000 G's. It has a reticle with etched illuminated crosshair selective to red or green, so even if the battery dies you still have a standard scope reticle.

Your website has no info on your company, so a little more info would be very helpful.

Ade Advanced Optics first made its appearance in the firearms accessory industry by doing private label production for several major manufacturers and retailers. During this period, Ade Advanced Optics began receiving requests from numerous customers for access to the affordable, high quality products that Ade Advanced Optics was capable of producing. By soliciting feedback from both clients and end users, Ade Advanced Optics was able to overcome the challenges a new company often faces when entering a global market and industry, especially one as competitive as the shooting, hunting, and outdoors industry.

Any questions please feel free to contact us
Tony Liu

I suppose I could be a guinney pig, and buy one of these, just to run it through the paces and see whether or not it is actually worth anything other than a paper weight. Won't happen anytime soon though. I don't have $320 to waste right now.

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Maybe their scopes are worth $300. But why take a chance when you can buy a quality scope from a name brand vendor for same amount of money. When dealing with a lifetime warranty, the warranty is only as good as the company. I wouldn't take a chance if it was my money.

#5 ·
Has ANY one been able to make a 1-10X scope yet? They just recently released the 1-8X. With the price of the 1-8 power I personally don't see how they could come up with a 1-10X that people could afford.

Just my 2 cents and worth every dime.

#8 ·
I think your OP said it - something doesn't feel right. If you are in this territory for optics choices, I would go Primary Arms or Vortex. Both have great reps for economical glass with excellent customer service. PA has a new 1-6x with Dimitri's custom illuminated reticle (ACSS) that has kept me up the last few nights wondering if it is worth a shot.

#9 ·
No, I highly doubt I'll have any expendable cash to play with this toy. Any cash I devote right now is going towards a real deal 6.8 build, and some decent glass. I am seriously thinking of doing a light 18"SPR build (maybe for 3 gun) with a 1-4x24 Vortex, but now I am really thinking. Maybe I could go for a Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40, with a custom 6.8 CDS dial, and an offset set of sights or maybe even a mini-red dot? What do you guys think of that idea, vs trying to just settle on a 1-4x, since I would like to be able to reach out and touch someone if I want to.

#10 ·
"German Glass"

"German Glass" SHOULD indicate that the lenses were manufactured in Germany, which is a world renowned source of top quality glass lenses supporting several brands. IOR/Valdada, a Romanian produced top-shelf optics manufacturer, uses and advertises German produced glass in their products. A Review of the Ade line appears aimed at knock-offs of Valdada designs. You can find some find reviews of Ade on Amazon, not very highly rated, for what they're worth. Most reviewerers there seem not well versed in optics designs nor in their rigorous use.

Please update your post with a review if you purchase and test.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.