6.8 SPC Forums banner

If buying a 6.8 which method would you use?

POLL, Purchasing a 6.8 Rifle

5K views 30 replies 31 participants last post by  Trent 
#1 · (Edited)
How would you purchase a new 6.8 Rifle?

The question was brought up concerning manufacturers not offering complete 6.8 rifles any longer.

#27 ·
I'm building it from the ground up. I never find what I'm looking for in the store bought rifles at a price I would pay, so I build them

#29 ·
I also vote to build your own. My first AR was a 6.8 that I built piece by piece. I researched a lot of brands before I bought my first part. The take away is I learned exactly how a rifle should work through trial and error. I took my time and was positive in my learning. Knowing what I know now I see nothing work with buying factory builds unless you want to leave it as is without modifications. In the end I have an awesome rifle that looks and performs just as I want it....most importantly without any crummy parts lying around. Music to my ears when I shoot it too :a31:

#31 ·
LWRC, Wilson Combat, and Barrett make the only 6.8spc factory rifles I personaly would want to buy. The Six8 is awesome and horrible at the same time. The benefit of AR15's is parts compatibility and the LWRC rifles are largely proprietary and the Six8 most of all. The Barrett rifle is nice but again, proprietary on the gas system and stuff. Which isn't all bad but I'll pass. A Wilson Combat is expensive but I use a lot of their parts in builds. I'm looking at using their 11.3" 6.8 barrel for a pistol/SBR build sometime soon!

So I vote build for the win as well. I own some LWRC rifles but won't buy anymore for now. I like building my own DI rifles just for the sake of being able to fix and replace anything on them myself.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.