6.8 SPC Forums banner

210M primer and aa2200 ?

911 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ATEXAN 
#1 ·
I just received some Remington 6.8 brass (thanks to Wink23Rev1) and am going to load up some gpc's out of them to keep loaded in the mags as I won't mind losing that brass. I will be using aa2200, 110 bthp and hopefully federal 210m primers as I would like to stay with one primer type for all sizes and I use these for my 243win. My question is will the 210m reliably ignite ball powders in the 6.8 in temps from 20-100 degrees? I would like accuracy to be there as well. I understand the ball powder and temp sensitivity but want to make sure I get good ignition.

#5 · (Edited)
I think the wlr primers are as hot as some of the magnums. Also read that those and the CCI 200's can be used in semi autos. I tried the wlrm primers with h414 and did not like the groups. It would shoot 2 touching and then a flyer at 2" with the two best loads. It might have been to hot for the .243win though. The 210m performed admirably with h4350. I might try the wlrm with the h4350 and see how it works compared to using it with the h414.

#7 ·
Yes, without hesitation. Work up your loads from the start with the 250 just like you would with the 200. If switching primers in an already worked up load, drop back 10% and work back up with the 250. I don't even buy standard primers anymore. Keeps things simple.

#8 ·
Yes, without hesitation. Work up your loads from the start with the 250 just like you would with the 200. If switching primers in an already worked up load, drop back 10% and work back up with the 250. I don't even buy standard primers anymore. Keeps things simple.
That's pretty much what I'm going for as well. One primer for each size to keep it simple. There is enough chaos when it comes to my reloading stuff anything I can do to simplify it but still get the accuracy I expect.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.