Red dot sights
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red dot sights

6.8 Member

Default Red dot sights

any preferences on red dot sights on your AR15 6.8mm's?

TB

New to the 6.8

I really like my holosun 503c. I think the solar panel is genius on them and it has features like auto-on (motion)
    auto dim (light sensing) and the circle/dot reticle. It is very small, however and you will either love or hate its size..

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I really like my holosun 503c. I think the solar panel is genius on them and it has features like auto-on (motion)
    auto dim (light sensing) and the circle/dot reticle. It is very small, however and you will either love or hate its size..
    I used my EOTECH refund for a Holosun ACSS version. It's been a fantastic and lightweight replacement. I'm getting them for all my SBR uppers.

"You have never lived
    'till you have almost died,
    And for those who fight for it,
    life has a flavor that the protected will never know"

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com Team Member

I have been very happy with my Aimpoint M4S. I easily hit targets out to 300 yards and the single AA battery lasts for years but I change it out every year. I need to spend more time with it at longer range but have not had the range time I have wanted.
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army
    Twice Retired

6.8 SPC the most versatile MSR Cartridge available in the AR 15 style firearms.

6.8 SPC Lover

Maybe it's just my slowly aging eyes, but I really don't like trying to hone in on anything over 200yds with a red dot, just due to the larger MOA nature of the dot itself. I just prefer a scope at that point. I will definitely hit a target gong, but not with the level of precision I prefer. That said, I've toyed with several red dots from cheap to USA made more expensive models from BSA junk to EOTechs. Currently, I have a very inexpensive Red Dot I actually think is "usable" for the money in the $100 range, made by Sightmark. It's actually pretty stable, doesn't seem to wander, has lots of options. Made in China, so take that for what it's worth. But for a Chinese mass produced red dot, it's one of the better ones I think. That said, if I was to shop on a budget just above the price tag of the cheaper Chinese stuff, there are quite a few better options.

For the money, I think C-More sights are really nice. Probably one of the best professional level bang-for-buck in the $200-$400 range, imo. I say this, because in general, I really don't have the $500+ to dump on a holographic sight for every rifle I have. So, sticking to something more affordable tends to be something most average Joe's look for. I currently don't have a C-More, but I have used one, and everyone I know who has had one, really likes them. If I had to go shopping for a red dot right now, that's probably what I would end up with.
    Some people are more equal than others. - Animal Farm.

My 6.8 doesn't wear one, but I have a Vortex SPARC on one AR and a SPARC II on another. The 2 moa dot makes precise aiming easier. Haven't tried it beyond 100 yds. Small size, 10 brightness levels, long battery life and works well. We have antler restrictions requiring a 13" inside spread to be legal, so I went with a scope on my 6.8. If I didn't need the magnification, it would also have a SPARC on it.

6.8 SPC Fan

I've run the gamut of Sig red dots, Holosun, Aimpoint T2, Trijicon MRO, and I like all of them. But the clear winner--to me--is the Trij MRO. I like the larger objective that seems to make the unit's walls disappear. The T2 is superlative, but I prefer the MRO. The Holosun units are awesome, but bigger/heavier than the micro units.

And, like was mentioned, the red dot is for inside 200yds for me. Beyond that, give me some magnification.

68Forums.com lifer

Default Vortex SPARC weekend deal at PSA

If I didn't already have two I would take advantage of this......

http://palmettostatearmory.com/vorte...=5%3a00+Email+
    '67 Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club, "Big Mothers"

68Forums.com lifer

I have a T-2 on my 556 SBR which is a great red dot. I recently SBR'ed a Scorpion EVO and wanted a red dot but didn't want to spend the money on another T-2. I bought one of the Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dots for around $150 and have been really impressed with it.

6.8 Member

I also have a PA advanced micro dot. Very good optic for the $$$.