Savage 10BA Stealth break in range trip - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    68Forums.com lifer

Got it set up now. The 3/4" cheek riser came and I pussed out and added the LimbSaver tactical recoil pad to it too. Nice pad. Got it set to shoot lights out now.

Just wait till next season!

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGrumpy View Post
    Got it set up now. The 3/4" cheek riser came and I pussed out and added the LimbSaver tactical recoil pad to it too. Nice pad. Got it set to shoot lights out now.
    W
    Looks good and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. That bolt knob looks just like the one I put on mine.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Spearjunkie View Post
    Looks good and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. That bolt knob looks just like the one I put on mine.
    I stole it off of my 10T till the new one gets here as I am going to shoot some more this weekend. 3 shots and run the bore snake through it 3 times with the 0000 steel wool wrapped around the brush and bore lapping paste applied then a clean bore snake and repeat after another 3 rounds.
    I am 1/3 of the way there with only 20 rounds down the pipe. Doing the same with the Bergara HMR.
    The 10T gets a chassis makeover next and that will be the wife's rifle. She wants something bigger to shoot than the Ruger M77/22. I hope to get her shooting long range with me. We have a great club that has clinics once a month. and opens up the 1000 yard range to those that normally would not be able to use it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

I'm glad there is a 1K yard range just over an hour south of me. We are headed down there in the morning to try and get some bullets down range before it rains.

68Forums.com lifer

Hows the cheek weld with that riser on the CTR?

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Ed308 View Post
    Hows the cheek weld with that riser on the CTR?
    3/4" seems good but I might add a neoprene layer to it. Better than the stocks with the wing piece that drops 1/4 inch or better when you lay your cheek on it. This is much more solid and a better fit for me.