Cheap 6.8 Barrel for Sale
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    New to the 6.8

Default Cheap 6.8 Barrel for Sale

Classic Firearms has a 6.8 SPC II 16" M4 Carbine profile barrel on sale for $60.79 They don't say it, but I suspect that these are Bear Creek Arsenal barrels.
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/ar15...spc-parkerized

They have 1/2x36" muzzle threads, which go nicely with this Stag Arms A2 style flash hider for $11.00 (crush washers are an additional $1.50 each)
    https://www.stagarms.com/6-8-spc-a2-flash-hider/

Classic also has Anderson uppers, lowers and lower parts kits for $39.99 each, and an upper parts kit for $17.99
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/cata...lt/?q=Anderson

I bought all of those and matched it up with a PSA stock kit for $49.99 (I got free shipping, which is not available at the moment)
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/palme...ark-earth.html

I also got a cheap no-name gas block, gas tube and a 12" keymod handguard set from Classic. I still need to buy a BCG, but I should be able to finish the rifle for well under $500.

We will see how it shoots with the carbine length system. If it is overgassed, I'll try adding weight to the buffer before investing in an adjustable gas block.

Classic also has Grendel barrels, if you are in to that sort of thing...

6.8 SPC Fan

Why must they put that stupid M203 cut on them? Let us know how it shoots, could be a good hunting barrel.

68Forums.com lifer

Just remember, you get what you pay for!

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com Team Member

It would be cheaper to put an adjustable gas block on it from the get go rather than a cheap one and then start playing with buffers. Sometimes a few dollars is a lot cheaper than the frustration.
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army
    Twice Retired

6.8 SPC the most versatile MSR Cartridge available in the AR 15 style firearms.

New to the 6.8

The gas port diameter is .074 inches. For a 16" carbine with a .750" diameter barrel, that is on the "narrow'ish" side. That is why I think it may not need an adjustable gas block. I'll see how she shoots.

Did Bear Creek make the barrels for Stag?

I should be able to finish the build and maybe even get to the range this weekend. I'll post pictures.

I thought what the heck, $60 may be worth a go. Had second thoughts when found out the shipping was $25. Even so, I'll be interested in hearing how one of these shoots.

New to the 6.8

Pertnear,

Yeah, shipping can sure make a difference with on-line purchases. I always sign up for vendor email lists so I can get notification of "free shipping" promotions.

I bought the barrel, an upper, a lower, and a lower parts kit from Classic and paid $22.83 in shipping. I must live closer to them than you do.

If you really want this barrel at Classic you should be able to add in an Anderson upper receiver and upper parts kit for just a couple dollars more in shipping. Food for thought...

Best,
    37th Mass

6.8 Member

I have an 18 inch 223 wylde barrel from classic, very accurate barrel, especially since i believe i paid $65 for it. Let us know how your build goes, could be a good start of my 3rd 6.8 build.

6.8 Member

Still in stock but just paid three times their price each for two more 16" 6.8 barrels. Don't like 1/2" muzzle threads in 5.56 due to possible belling and in 6.8 till get a range report not throwing money at a barrel just because it's cheap. Will someone post up real results of how these shoot please? Can buy five of these for what just paid for a pair and will happily do it if not junk. My thoughts are whoever is profiling these only has one profile in their CAD software or one G Code data group and having to use it and thus the 5.56 G.I. profile and threads.
    For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions

New to the 6.8

Cool Finished the build

The 12" handguard completely covers all of the M-4 profile cuts. A 10" handguard would add less weight but would show a few of the profile cuts ahead of the gas block.

I have $381* in the carbine so far, including shipping fees. I still need to buy a BCG, but the 'build' part is complete. I'll weigh it after I get the BCG.

IMG_1872 (2).jpgIMG_1870 (2).jpg

Then I'll shoot it and post some target pics!

*not including the NICS check at my local FFL. Also, I spent another $12 for a 6.8 SPC II marked ejection port cover. I didn't use the cover that came with the upper parts kit.
    Last edited by 37th Mass; 05-20-2017 at 04:20 PM.