Military test fast tracks 260rem or Creedmoor.
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    68Forums.com Industry Partner

Default Military test fast tracks 260rem or Creedmoor.

AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.
    complete uppers-

6.8 SPC Addict

Piston version of the 260 nexgen with 17" barrel or integrated 18" barrel with reflex suppressor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got it out of the catalogue when I was with D.C. SWAT. We called it "Gucciflage"

They had too many problems with the Knight M110 so I doubt they will go that route. The HK 417 has been kicking but lately and the SCAR17 is still in the running from what I hear but this test is more about cartridge or ammo they can use in one of those rifles and how fast they can implement. It's a quick and easy fix. They already have the platform and mags, just change the barrel and ammo. At least we will get some surplus 260 or Creedmoor ammo out of it.
    complete uppers-

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    At least we will get some surplus 260 or Creedmoor ammo out of it.
    Maybe in a couple years after they implement it if they actually adopt one. This might be why starline brass has added both cases to their production line this year.

Just wait till next season!

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGrumpy View Post
    Maybe in a couple years after they implement it if they actually adopt one. This might be why starline brass has added both cases to their production line this year.
    I don't see star-line getting any govt contracts, I'm sure the reason that star-line has implemented the 6.5C and 260 is that they came out with the 308 brass last year----if you notice, lots of their "new" brass is based on the 308 case, just necked up or down: 243, 7-08, 6.5CM, 260rem, 358win, 338 fed --- makes sense to use the tooling already in place for the 308 and then just modify neck size/length

you'll notice that they are going to do 223rem and 300bo also (that is a no brainer too)---- I wonder if "someone" will jump on the bandwagon and see if they can get their saami minimum for the .277 wildcat based on the 223 case

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

Last edited by constructor; 05-18-2017 at 09:34 AM.
    complete uppers-

68Forums.com lifer

even though the 6.5CM was designed for the AR style chassis and to be able to fit heavier bullets at mag length, I think the 260 will prevail due to the full auto/reliability requirements of the Mil --- the 40 degree shoulder of the 260 helps reliable feeding vs the 60 degree shoulder of the 6.5CM

what ever round is chosen, we will eventually see milsurp brass and ammo at better pricing than what is commercially available now --- as long as they choose a standard brass case ammo that is, if they choose some "advanced" poly case or no case ammo we either won't see any commercially available, or it will change the face of future rifles for the average guy as the designs will change

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

68Forums.com lifer

The U.S. Army’s chief of staff told Congress the M4 Carbine’s 5.56mm round can’t penetrate modern enemy body armor plates and believes Infantry units need a more powerful rifle than the M4.

In April, the Army issued a directed requirement for a new 7.62mm squad designated marksman rifle.

Now Milley wants to give the Army’s most deployable infantry units a 7.62mm alternative to the M4 in case they are thrown into a fight with Russian or North Korean forces equipped with modern rifle plates.
    https://kitup.military.com/2017/05/m...ody-armor.html
    If at first you don't succeed, give up.
    Anything that can't be done easily, probably isn't worth doing.

6.8 SPC Addict

This comes a week after Retired Maj. Gen. Robert Scales Jr. told the SASC Airland Subcommittee that the Army should replace the M4 in infantry units with a 6.5mm or 7 mm rifle.
    I hope every body else rolled their eyes. He can't drain that swamp fast enough.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - John Adams

68Forums.com lifer

Another call to go a larger caliber, in testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee.

LTG (R) John Bednarek:
    ...as this Committee has heard, and multiple studies have shown, it is time to upgrade to a higher, more lethal caliber weapon system for our Infantry ground troops–regardless of Service or component.
    If at first you don't succeed, give up.
    Anything that can't be done easily, probably isn't worth doing.