6.8 still getting good press.. - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    6.8 SPC Addict

I know exactly nothing about combat .

I do know that a 130 gr cast game alloy bullet out of my AR will punch an almost 30 cal hole in a pice of 1/4" CRS at 110 yd after passing through a piece of 1/2" plywood . MV 2050 fps . I ain't the smartest person but it seems to me that at 2200 fps a steel or tungsten core is going to go through 1/4" AL armor and forget Kevlar . At 1000# you've got broken bones even if you don't have a leaking hole . A BT 55 will just barely make that in a 556 a pointed 110 ,120 or 130 will deliver that from the 6.8 at nearly 200 maybe more .

I thought that was why the cartridge was developed .......

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Harter View Post
    I know exactly nothing about combat .

I do know that a 130 gr cast game alloy bullet out of my AR will punch an almost 30 cal hole in a pice of 1/4" CRS at 110 yd after passing through a piece of 1/2" plywood . MV 2050 fps . I ain't the smartest person but it seems to me that at 2200 fps a steel or tungsten core is going to go through 1/4" AL armor and forget Kevlar . At 1000# you've got broken bones even if you don't have a leaking hole . A BT 55 will just barely make that in a 556 a pointed 110 ,120 or 130 will deliver that from the 6.8 at nearly 200 maybe more .

I thought that was why the cartridge was developed .......
    130 grain cast at 2050? I much prefer my .4BC 130 fusion at 2700fps....the 6.8spc can be very potent if optimized

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by nedro View Post
    The most important thing that came out of that article is that the Geneva Convention rules need to be thrown out the window. We need to stop participating in wars and start winning them.
    First it was the Hague Convention. Geneva Convention dealt with POWs. (Said many time on "Hogan Heros"). Otherwise, true, we have a totally different enemy today. Those were the times of chivalry on the battlefield.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "1 shot, 1 kill!!
    "GOD is great! Beer is good! People are crazy!"
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by WVHunter1s1k View Post
    First it was the Hague Convention. Geneva Convention dealt with POWs. (Said many time on "Hogan Heros"). Otherwise, true, we have a totally different enemy today. Those were the times of chivalry on the battlefield.
    The U.S. is not a signatory of the Hague Convention Declaration concerning the prohibition of the use of bullets which can easily expand or change their form inside the human body such as bullets with a hard covering which does not completely cover the core, or containing indentations, but does abide by the agreement.

The U.S. is a signatory of some of the other declarations of the Hague Conventions.
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army
    Twice Retired

6.8 SPC the most versatile MSR Cartridge available in the AR 15 style firearms.

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer_2 View Post
    The U.S. is not a signatory of the Hague Convention Declaration concerning the prohibition of the use of bullets which can easily expand or change their form inside the human body such as bullets with a hard covering which does not completely cover the core, or containing indentations, but does abide by the agreement.

The U.S. is a signatory of some of the other declarations of the Hague Conventions.
    Correct, and we should abide by it when our foes are and use what we works best against terrorist and rogue regimes that don't.

6.8 SPC Fan

Hague is old. I want 90GD 6.8 SPC. Done and done. If not give me a 7mm valk.

6.8 SPC Lover

Thanks for your post, Steve. I was going to mention that about the Hague convention but you beat me to it. My opinion is that if your going to fight a war, fight to win or go home. Use the most effective choices you have. The only reason I can see for using FMJ is if you want to wound so someone else has to take care of the opponent.
    NRA PATRON Life Member

A lie told loudly and often is still a lie.

"We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, They will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion." Joseph Smith