POF DIctator
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Thread: POF DIctator

68Forums.com Team Member

Default POF DIctator

After searching the site and a quick goggle search turned up very little information other than people were running it, I was just wondering what the consensus was on the POF DIctator. I'm assuming people are running the 5.56 version. This will be going on a 20" ARP 3T, I have a 15" Diamondback VRS-T on it right now, but can run a 12" Samson Evolution, I'm fine with an exposed block. Just looking for information.

I appreciate it.

SHM

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Brave, brave were the soldiers (high named to-day)
    who lived through the fight;
    But the bravest press'd to the front and fell, unnamed,
    unknown - Whitman

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguyshm View Post
    After searching the site and a quick goggle search turned up very little information other than people were running it, I was just wondering what the consensus was on the POF DIctator. I'm assuming people are running the 5.56 version. This will be going on a 20" ARP 3T, I have a 15" Diamondback VRS-T on it right now, but can run a 12" Samson Evolution, I'm fine with an exposed block. Just looking for information.

I appreciate it.

SHM

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    No experience with one, and frankly had never even heard of it before this post. After looking at it, though, I can't think of a reason why I'd chose the POF over an SLR Sentry. The SLR uses a hex wrench that lets you keep the gas block under the handguard by a few inches.

6.8 SPC Fan

It will fit under a handguard, I have the midlength and ran it under a 15" handguard and is easily adjusted with a long flathead screwdriver. From what I remember of my diamondhead the dictator will be a tight fit.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com Team Member

So I picked up the Dictator, and went to test it this afternoon. Interesting results. I was using handloads, two different powders, H335 and AA2200, both shot closed with my Magnetospeed to check for pressure signs, reduce any movement for accuracy... I loaded 28.9 of AA2200, getting 2770ish, and 29.8 of H335, getting 2680, all with 110gr Vmax, fresh SSA brass, CCI 41's and SB SR primers. Next I opened the Dictator up, first one click at a time, and I got nothing, so then I went with 3 clicks, using the AA2200 load, I couldn't get it to hold open on the mag. I switched to H335, and it held open down two clicks from full without a problem. Still not holding open with the AA2200.

Any suggestions? I am going to take the bottom screw out, to see how it is aligned with the dimple on the ARP barrel, then I will put the borescope down to see if its aligned. When I put it together, I forgot that I had the Lyman borescope to check things out, just was excited to get it together and shoot.

I would have spent more time at the range with it playing, only put about 20-25 rounds down the tube. Both of my 6.8's seem to be more consistent with a healthy dose of H335 underneath whatever I shoot. Velocity isn't quite where there 2200 is, but the accuracy is pretty tough to beat. I've found if I want to load quickly with the 550b, my ES is much lower with H335 also. I really want 2200 to work though, I have close to 16 pounds of it, not entirely sure what else to stuff it in.

Any and all advice would be appreciated. My next step is 28.2-28.5 with AA2200 to get around 2700fps, all I want with a 110 Vmax. Brass looked perfect, even wide open. I expected the AA2200 to be a bit beat up, not at all. Thanks.

SHM
    Brave, brave were the soldiers (high named to-day)
    who lived through the fight;
    But the bravest press'd to the front and fell, unnamed,
    unknown - Whitman

68Forums.com lifer

You may have to open it all the way up to run some loads. Arp barrels are generally not overgassed
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ