308 - Savage Hog Hunter vs 10 FCP-SR (20") - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    68Forums.com lifer

I am going to throw a monkey wrench in the mix and tell you to take a serious look at the Bergara HMR in either 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. You should be able to buy it for about $950. Threaded barrel, uses Magpul AICS mags, adjustable trigger and cheek rest and adjustable length of pull and an aluminum chassis in the composite stock. Shoots clover leafs at 100 yards
    I am loving mine
    Last edited by CaptGrumpy; 05-05-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Just wait till next season!

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by walt214 View Post
    My 10FCP-SR has a problem with the 10 round magazine that is fairly common based on web complaints. It only holds 9 rounds. Supposedly Savage will replace the mag, but I haven't sent mine in yet.
    I bought one from them and they sent a replacement and it held 9 also and they told me to keep it so I did.

6.8 Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGrumpy View Post
    I am going to throw a monkey wrench in the mix and tell you to take a serious look at the Bergara HMR in either 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. You should be able to buy it for about $950. Threaded barrel, uses Magpul AICS mags, adjustable trigger and cheek rest and adjustable length of pull and an aluminum chassis in the composite stock. Shoots clover leafs at 100 yards
    I am loving mine
    I have researched them but not found one locally to feel. The features are very attractive but I question if the factory Savage stock would be better for my main purpose - deer hunting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by tootle View Post
    I have researched them but not found one locally to feel. The features are very attractive but I question if the factory Savage stock would be better for my main purpose - deer hunting.
    Sportsmans Warehouse carries them. How far from Southhaven are you? They have a SW there. Call them and ask if they have one in stock and if not to order one in to get you hands on it before you buy it. They are a very good shop here. My HMR is going to be pulling double duty.

6.8 Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGrumpy View Post
    Sportsmans Warehouse carries them. How far from Southhaven are you? They have a SW there. Call them and ask if they have one in stock and if not to order one in to get you hands on it before you buy it. They are a very good shop here. My HMR is going to be pulling double duty.
    I'm in Tupelo - hour drive from Southhaven so may check them out. Thanks for the info.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by tootle View Post
    I'm in Tupelo - hour drive from Southhaven so may check them out. Thanks for the info.
    Call and make sure there is one there first.

6.8 SPC Fan

I really like my Hog Hunter. The rifle was perfect for the way I hunt. A couple of years a go I put a suppressor on it and it has become the most accurate rifle I own. Very affordable rifle.

6.8 Member

So I bought the Hog Hunter. Bushnell Elite 2.5-10x50. Should make a great setup for deer.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk