308 - Savage Hog Hunter vs 10 FCP-SR (20") - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    68Forums.com lifer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    State Crapital of CA
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    I am going to throw a monkey wrench in the mix and tell you to take a serious look at the Bergara HMR in either 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. You should be able to buy it for about $950. Threaded barrel, uses Magpul AICS mags, adjustable trigger and cheek rest and adjustable length of pull and an aluminum chassis in the composite stock. Shoots clover leafs at 100 yards
    I am loving mine
    Last edited by CaptGrumpy; 05-05-2017 at 12:50 AM.


    Just wait till next season!

  2. #12
    68Forums.com lifer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    State Crapital of CA
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walt214 View Post
    My 10FCP-SR has a problem with the 10 round magazine that is fairly common based on web complaints. It only holds 9 rounds. Supposedly Savage will replace the mag, but I haven't sent mine in yet.
    I bought one from them and they sent a replacement and it held 9 also and they told me to keep it so I did.


    Just wait till next season!

  3. #13
    6.8 Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NE Mississippi
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptGrumpy View Post
    I am going to throw a monkey wrench in the mix and tell you to take a serious look at the Bergara HMR in either 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. You should be able to buy it for about $950. Threaded barrel, uses Magpul AICS mags, adjustable trigger and cheek rest and adjustable length of pull and an aluminum chassis in the composite stock. Shoots clover leafs at 100 yards
    I am loving mine
    I have researched them but not found one locally to feel. The features are very attractive but I question if the factory Savage stock would be better for my main purpose - deer hunting.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    68Forums.com lifer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    State Crapital of CA
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tootle View Post
    I have researched them but not found one locally to feel. The features are very attractive but I question if the factory Savage stock would be better for my main purpose - deer hunting.
    Sportsmans Warehouse carries them. How far from Southhaven are you? They have a SW there. Call them and ask if they have one in stock and if not to order one in to get you hands on it before you buy it. They are a very good shop here. My HMR is going to be pulling double duty.


    Just wait till next season!

  6. #15
    6.8 Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NE Mississippi
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptGrumpy View Post
    Sportsmans Warehouse carries them. How far from Southhaven are you? They have a SW there. Call them and ask if they have one in stock and if not to order one in to get you hands on it before you buy it. They are a very good shop here. My HMR is going to be pulling double duty.
    I'm in Tupelo - hour drive from Southhaven so may check them out. Thanks for the info.

  7. #16
    68Forums.com lifer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    State Crapital of CA
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tootle View Post
    I'm in Tupelo - hour drive from Southhaven so may check them out. Thanks for the info.
    Call and make sure there is one there first.


    Just wait till next season!

  8. #17
    6.8 SPC Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    244

    Default

    I really like my Hog Hunter. The rifle was perfect for the way I hunt. A couple of years a go I put a suppressor on it and it has become the most accurate rifle I own. Very affordable rifle.


  9. #18
    6.8 Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NE Mississippi
    Posts
    97

    Default

    So I bought the Hog Hunter. Bushnell Elite 2.5-10x50. Should make a great setup for deer.

    Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •