Current 6.8 ammo sources
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Current 6.8 ammo sources

Now that SSA has been gone, are there any other small companies loading ammo to "tactical" specs? It seems the Wilson combat stuff is lacking in velocity as well, and I haven't found any 6.8 ammo from any where else using Google that's not loaded light. I'm also Leary of Double Tap's quality and advertised velocity. I'm looking for the 85 gr TSX and 95 gr TTSX as well as the 110 gr Hornady.

68Forums.com lifer

the hornady 110 vmax, 120sst, and all of the S&B stuff is loaded pretty hot --- at least those offerings are not anemic

cavity back bullets is soon going to sell "spec 2" ammo loaded to 58000psi but as far as I know he is only going to sell ammo with his bullets (but for hunting it's going to be hard to beat his bullets performance)

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

That's good to hear. I'm looking for ammo for LE duty use out of a 10.5" barrel

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Mounted28 View Post
    Federal xm68gd was designed for your application. Bullets are bonded.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by ATEXAN View Post
    Federal xm68gd was designed for your application. Bullets are bonded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mounted28 View Post

for LEO, your department head should be able to contract direct through Federal-- I don't think federal actually sells the xm90gd white box anymore but the 90 grain federal fusion msr is the exact same ammo, just has more spit shine on it as it is sold as the "premium fusion line"

LUCK

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

6.8 SPC Lover

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc...bonded-sp-ammo

Like thm says the fusion is gtg as well
    Last edited by ATEXAN; 05-03-2017 at 03:26 PM.

68Forums.com lifer

still a few floating around out there--- good to know

those are only a few bucks less than the fusion MSR line, man I remember when they used to sell for $9.99/box for the xm90gd white box

LUCK

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hog Man View Post
    still a few floating around out there--- good to know

those are only a few bucks less than the fusion MSR line, man I remember when they used to sell for $9.99/box for the xm90gd white box
    That was nice. Not having the pulls is going to hurt my pocket book as well. Probably going to have to go the 105 mkz.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by ATEXAN View Post
    That was nice. Not having the pulls is going to hurt my pocket book as well. Probably going to have to go the 105 mkz.
    the pulls used to be cheep enough to plink with--- miss those, holding on to my last few hundred , guess that's why they call them "GOLD" dots --- they are worth their weight in gold once they run out of MIL contract over-runs

the 105mkz is a much better bullet by far... but also much more expensive--- but then again. most monolithic bullets are pricey

LUCK

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hog Man View Post
    the pulls used to be cheep enough to plink with--- miss those, holding on to my last few hundred , guess that's why they call them "GOLD" dots --- they are worth their weight in gold once they run out of MIL contract over-runs

the 105mkz is a much better bullet by far... but also much more expensive--- but then again. most monolithic bullets are pricey
    Yep, no more plinking with the 6.8 for me as I am also not treating my last few hundred gold dots like the I did when they were available. Probably need to get into the mkz sooner than later and save the gd's for an SBR that I would like to build in the next couple years. Looks like my 5.56 is going to get more use again.