6.8 spc vs 6.8 spc II - Page 3
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New to the 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by 303 HUNTER View Post
    I normally start at SAAMI max when working up for a SPC II load. Normally, I'll find one accuracy node just above SAAMI max, and another about 1 grain over. I start at 2.28", because accuracy is usually better from the longer length. Pressure signs will appear faster at the factory 2.26" also.

I will try the 2.28" and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Warfarin View Post
    16"Rock River Arms SPCII
    I also shoot the RRA 16 and a stag 20.77. They both shoot the 130 grain Flat base pulls from American Reloading using the H335. I did not chronograph the 16, but the Stag is doing 2530 with 30 grains, SSA brass and CCI 450s. I did check the RRA using the 150 Federal round nose pulls, also from American Reloading using 30 grains of CFE 223. That one gave 2190 in the shorter barrel. Both loads shoot well and have no pressure signs from either rifle.

I must say Xman saved me a lot of experimentation, so a big Thanks to him.
    I tested the H335 with the Barnes 110 tsx with 31 grains, no problems. I also tested the 115 nosler cc with 31 grains using the same SSA brass.

None of the loads were over 2", in fact all are from 1 to 1 1/2...........Check everything again and shoot some more.

Good Luck!

New to the 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
    I also shoot the RRA 16 and a stag 20.77. They both shoot the 130 grain Flat base pulls from American Reloading using the H335. I did not chronograph the 16, but the Stag is doing 2530 with 30 grains, SSA brass and CCI 450s. I did check the RRA using the 150 Federal round nose pulls, also from American Reloading using 30 grains of CFE 223. That one gave 2190 in the shorter barrel. Both loads shoot well and have no pressure signs from either rifle.

I must say Xman saved me a lot of experimentation, so a big Thanks to him.
    I tested the H335 with the Barnes 110 tsx with 31 grains, no problems. I also tested the 115 nosler cc with 31 grains using the same SSA brass.

None of the loads were over 2", in fact all are from 1 to 1 1/2...........Check everything again and shoot some more.

Good Luck!
    Shooting some more is never a problem for me. I am thinking of making them shorter as I am loading max length so maybe that will help some. Have thought about using the CFE 223 as that will cover 4 different rifles for me and cut down on the amount of powders I need. Thanks for the information. For now I'm just staying with the 110 gr V-Max and will shortly start with the 120gr SST. I made the mistake with my .25-45 Sharps of ordering every .25 cal bullet under the sun. It has taken me 18 months to finally work through them all and get loads made up for them. So with the 6.8 I'm just doing one bullet at a time until it is acceptable to me then moving to another one. This is also the reason I started with H335 (it works good in the .25-45 and I had it around).

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Lover

Supposedly the the cfe 223 works good when you use even longer oal with a cut out mag that yamaraja sells on his website. It's cavity back bullets. Might want to give his bullets a try as well.