6.8 SPC Forums banner

New member from South Texas...

683 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Tanlover442 
#1 ·
Hello All,

Got an idea to convert one of my AR's to 6.8 SPC instead of selling it. Wanted something a little more powerful than 5.56, but not as heavy as .308 to lug around the ranch. In the process of researching the project I ran across this great forum. So this is what I threw together. The bolt and 18 inch barrel are from ARP. The rest of it I had already. All Magpul furniture. Cheapie lower coupled with a Black Rain upper that makes up for a nice tight lock up. The handguard is a cheapie from Ebay that I Duracoated Magpul foliage green to match the furniture. Odin Works adjustable gas block for any fine tuning. Scope is a Nikon M308 I had sitting in the safe. The 30 rd mag was just for the photos. Can not wait to take it out to the range.

Thanks for looking,
Brandon

OOOOPPPS..... Had pictures, but guess I am not allowed to post pictures yet. So I took them off. Bummer. Will try later.

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to the Forum. You are right the 6.8 is better than the 223 and 308 for South Texas hunting. Especially hogs n deer.
Most of our shots will be less than 150 yards and hogs need quick follow up shot capability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.