Stag Arms SA7
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stag Arms SA7

Default Stag Arms SA7

Anybody know about or have any experience with a Stag Arms SA7? Thinking about buying one.

6.8 SPC Fan

My wife and I both hunt with the Stag 7H. This looks like the same rifle. If it is, we really like ours. Ours are very accurate and reliable. We shoot sub MOA with factory Federal 115 MSR and Hornady 120 SST ammo.

Mine

Hers
    Last edited by MC68; 04-20-2017 at 09:49 PM.

6.8 Member

Quote Originally Posted by MC68 View Post
    My wife and I both hunt with the Stag 7H. This looks like the same rifle. If it is, we really like ours. Ours are very accurate and reliable. We shoot sub MOA with factory Federal 115 MSR and Hornady 120 SST ammo.

Mine

Hers
    Wow, you mean there is someone else that thinks the 7H is an excellent hunting rifle, 200+ yard shooter
    Wouldn't go wrong with this purchase.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Lover

Great rifle - my wife has deemed mine "hers". No worries, I built mine on a ARP SOCOM barrel The Stag 7h is a laser out to 400 yards for me...

6.8 Member

When you swapped barrels did you have any problems getting tha Hogue grip off?

[QUOTE=sgedicks;1045154]Great rifle - my wife has deemed mine "hers". No worries, I built mine on a ARP SOCOM barrel The Stag 7h is a laser out to 400 yards for me...[/QUOT

6.8 SPC Lover

I did replace the handguard on the Stag 7 with a new barrel nut, gas block, and a SAMPSON Evolution handguard. I needed an industrial strap wrench (like for oil filters on a bulldozer) to break it loose.

6.8 Member

I've tried to remove with a big ass Ridgid strap wrench with the upper in a block, chckened out did want to break or bend. I might give it another try, the Hogue grip seems to heavy. Although it does give the rifle stability. 400 yards thats impressive, I've grouped 3" at 200 yrds acouple times. Sounds like you have great shooter.

6.8 SPC Fan

I changed the handguard on my Stag 7H. I had a 18" Klein strap wrench and couldn't get it to move, the strap would start slipping. So I said the he!! with it and grabbed the 460 Channel Locks and it came right off but had battle scars from the teeth on the plier jaws.

6.8 Member

Quote Originally Posted by leftyshooter View Post
    I changed the handguard on my Stag 7H. I had a 18" Klein strap wrench and couldn't get it to move, the strap would start slipping. So I said the he!! with it and grabbed the 460 Channel Locks and it came right off but had battle scars from the teeth on the plier jaws.
    Doesn't sound pretty.

6.8 SPC Fan

Oh it wasn't