I am a fan of .25-06 and...
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
    68Forums.com Team Member

Default I am a fan of .25-06 and...

.270. So my .25-06 Sendero, .270 Rem bolt guns have that covered. Both AR's are 6.8 so got the .277 spectrum covered. I would love to see more .257 caliber offerings in an AR15 other than the .25-45 Sharps. So I was wondering if H or anyone else has given thought to a 6.8 based quarter bore AR15? 6.5 Grendel? But with .223, 6mm, .22 Nosler, .277 etc... so close to .257 would it be worthwhile? The .25-45 Sharps seems to have a good following now.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

68Forums.com Industry Partner

Quote Originally Posted by 6.8 Fan View Post
    .270. So my .25-06 Sendero, .270 Rem bolt guns have that covered. Both AR's are 6.8 so got the .277 spectrum covered. I would love to see more .257 caliber offerings in an AR15 other than the .25-45 Sharps. So I was wondering if H or anyone else has given thought to a 6.8 based quarter bore AR15? 6.5 Grendel? But with .223, 6mm, .22 Nosler, .277 etc... so close to .257 would it be worthwhile? The .25-45 Sharps seems to have a good following now.
    I wish it were more popular. Some shops that chamber barrels in smaller quantities could do it but my guys wont touch a 25cal drill. It took me 7 years to talk him into doing a 6mm.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.
    complete uppers-

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    I wish it were more popular. Some shops that chamber barrels in smaller quantities could do it but my guys wont touch a 25cal drill. It took me 7 years to talk him into doing a 6mm.
    yeah me too. wow...7 years? The patience and persistence that must have taken! Thank you sir!
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com Team Member

Default .257 Raptor

Just found this... Interesting read. http://www.257raptor.com/257RAPTOR/

68Forums.com lifer

BHW makes a 25x6.8 as a straight neck down. DTI makes a 25 DTI with the shoulder blown out a little bit. Might be a few others out there.

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazysccrmd View Post
    BHW makes a 25x6.8 as a straight neck down. DTI makes a 25 DTI with the shoulder blown out a little bit. Might be a few others out there.
    cool...Thanks! a 25x6.8...sweet.

I've got a feeling that the new .22 Nosler case will get the full spectrum of wildcatting - including a .257 cal. Perhaps Nosler is testing the new .224 cartridge for popularity now & is planning future factory offerings based on the same AR friendly parent case.