Impressed
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impressed

Default Impressed

I just wanted to say that I picked up a Minox 4.5-14x44 ZV3 from Cameraland and I am pretty impressed. It is crystal clear, ample eye relief, side focus AO, the turrets seem to click nicely and all for $141 shipped. I wanted something inexpensive just to try out on this 22 Nosler I am building and am quite impressed with it. Can't beat it for that price. I have paid a lot more for scopes that were not as nice.
    Also, the mount. I decided to try out this Tract T51 one piece cantilevered 1" mount that is made by Warne. Very nice, solid mount that is perfect height and pretty light. I forgot to weigh it but not heavy at all. $58 from amazon with free prime shipping.

Last edited by Woodstock; 04-19-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    01 FFL, NRA, GOA, NAGR
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
    ~Elmer Davis

6.8 SPC Fan

nice.... thanks.... I'll keep this in mind.
    "Don't Tread on Anyone" <=> Our country came with a manual but no one read it <=> I love Donald Trump!

68Forums.com lifer

description on amazon says 6 oz.

weights to compare
    burris pepr- 9oz
    nikon m223- 5 oz
    nikon p223 4.5oz
    aero precision ultra lightweight 3 oz
    Last edited by Texas Hog Man; 04-20-2017 at 04:33 PM.

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

I'm looking for a scope for my Gunsite Scout, and this may be it. Want something with more magnification than the 3-9 on it now.
    "Stupid is as stupid does"---Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hog Man View Post
    description on amazon says 6 oz.

weights to compare
    burris pepr- 9oz
    nikon m223- 5 oz
    nikon p223 4.5oz
    aero precision ultra lightweight 3 oz
    To my eye it is a much more substantial mount than the Aero precision or the Nikon. Nikon has been my go-to mount till now. I don't personally care for anything about the Aero but that is just me. I know a lot of people like it.
    01 FFL, NRA, GOA, NAGR
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
    ~Elmer Davis

68Forums.com lifer

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    To my eye it is a much more substantial mount than the Aero precision or the Nikon. Nikon has been my go-to mount till now. I don't personally care for anything about the Aero but that is just me. I know a lot of people like it.
    Warne mounts are top notch but, I still like my Aero's because of the weight. I have one on my 308 and 260 Rem uppers and after many rounds nothing has moved. They are solid as a rock. LOL, I just picked up what looks like an exact copy of the Aero off eBay for $37. Except for the fact the Chinese knock-off has a level on the back and spacer rings to convert from 30mm to 1" putting them side by side you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by lapriester View Post
    Warne mounts are top notch but, I still like my Aero's because of the weight. I have one on my 308 and 260 Rem uppers and after many rounds nothing has moved. They are solid as a rock. LOL, I just picked up what looks like an exact copy of the Aero off eBay for $37. Except for the fact the Chinese knock-off has a level on the back and spacer rings to convert from 30mm to 1" putting them side by side you would be hard pressed to tell the difference. We'll see.
    Not saying that there is anything at all wrong with the Aero mounts. I just don't like the way they look or the way they clamp the scope. Just personal preference.
    01 FFL, NRA, GOA, NAGR
    ~Elmer Davis

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by 303 HUNTER View Post
    I'm looking for a scope for my Gunsite Scout, and this may be it. Want something with more magnification than the 3-9 on it now.
    Ended up buying the Minox from Camera Land. I'll put it on my Ruger and let you guys know how it works.

68Forums.com lifer

Mounted the Minox scope on my Ruger, and took it to the range this morning. Glass is very similar to my Redfield Revolution, and unlike the Redfield, adjustment clicks are positive. Plex reticle is big enough for quick sighing on game, and fine enough for target shooting. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the Minox. Performance that's equal to the Redfield at about half the price. If it holds up over time I'll be really impressed.

6.8 SPC Fan

303, thx for sharing your experience. I need (want) a higher power scope for load development because all my rifles have low power hunting scopes w/heavy reticles. I will consider the Minox brand for an economical option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast