Gonna throw some things out there for opinions on 6.8 build - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    6.8 SPC Fan

I second the S&B ammo. $12 for the FMJ that shoots almost as good as the Hornady hollow point target ammo. The brass is good too, so whether you reload or sell it that's a plus. And Natchez had the PTS hunting round for $14 last week: I waited a day before ordering and it was all gone.
    Last edited by SteveOM; 03-20-2017 at 05:08 PM.

6.8 SPC Lover

I run 16" WC fluted recon tactical and a 13" Black Hole Weaponry.... both are super accurate.... i've started using more BHW barrels you can get them in all types of calibers,lengths,twists etc... as far as muzzle devices i've tried all kinds, VG6,Miculek,"Ross Schuler's" and PRI's etc.
    The debate over a muzzle device or not is always gonna be there, i like them and with that i know i should wear hearing protection (we should be protecting our "eyes and ears" anyways right?) So i always use the brakes that work like they should by reducing recoil / muzzle rise and not affecting accuracy... with that said: i would recommend, a 6.8 BWH barrel, 6.8 PRI Muzzle Brake and its not quiet so bring your hearing protection...
    "It's better to be tried by 12 than to be carried by six"

6.8 SPC Fan

For the 6.8 it's all about barrels, bolts and magazines. Everything else is up to your preference since it is compatible with all Ar-15 based components and there are many 5/8 x 24 muzzle devices. I am starting to prefer the flash hiders over the brakes for my 6.8s because of the concussion difference at the range without much difference in barrel jump between the two.

I have a factory built LWRC M6A3 (pre-Six8) and 3 other 6.8 rifles with a Wilson Combat Match barrel, a Bison Armory barrel, and an ARP barrel. All 4 shoot MOA with a wide range of factory ammo. I have tested all of them on an outdoor 200-300 yard range with steel silhouettes and you can see the "effects" on the target when a 6.8 hits. Great energy in that round and these barrels make it happen.
    ARP bolts are best in class and priced well. LWRC and Wilson Combat both good bolts for different reasons (different finishes) but pricey. I'm sure the Daniel Defense and other milspec-type bolts are fine too. You'll get longer life out of the ARP bolt though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Fan

And ammo. Sounds like best possible accuracy is out of hand loads that work best in whatever barrel you get.
    I've had great accuracy results in all 4 barrels with Hornady 110g BTHP Match. Everything else factory wise works well enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I just have to wait until ARP has barrels. Hopefully they have BCGs ready to go I'd like to buy everything in one place. If not there's some alternatives.

I think the 6.8mm SPC is a true intermediate cartridge and is just better than the 5.56mm for hunting and home/self defense. The DOD should have ditched the 5.56 for the 6.8, less need for 7.62 and a much more effective round in every way including barrel length. The 5.56 shines with 20" barrel the 6.8 with much shorter. It would even compete with the 300BO for many uses. And by adding the M80A1/M855A1 construction the 6.8 bullet would be a truly effect combat round. They sure missed the boat on this and the Marines trying to move to the M28 as the standard battle rifle proves my point, 16" heavy barrel over the 14.5 and piston driven instead of DI. Something like the LWRC SIX8 should have been made the standard issue for all USA military personnel. Add a 6.8mm Ultimax 100 type SAW and a true belt fed LMG and you have a lot more firepower within the squad and platoon.

What I really want is a LWRC SIX8 but I cannot justify the cost and parts are just too difficult to obtain compared with a mil-spec AR15. So I will build an upper to try and if it works the way I want I will follow up with a lower and build a complete pistol using a Shockwave brace as long as the caliber is supported. If it runs dry I can always replace the barrel & bolt to 5.56 and sell the mags. But I have a feeling the 6.8 will become more popular due to it's effectiveness and the fact ammo is on par price wise with 300BO and 308. if the ammo companies start making more, especially the foreign ones and dump cheap ammo on the market the popularity will skyrocket? It's just a better round, a true intermediate round that does not suffer from less effectiveness with a shorter barrel like the 5.56 does.