Greetings from northern VA
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
    6.8 Member

Default Greetings from northern VA

Hello all,

I recently made the plunge into 6.8SPC after wanting to explore the upper ends of performance from an AR15 platform. I've got plenty of deer in the freezer from 300BLK (110gr Barnes TTSX, what else?) but my OCD is kicking in regarding trajectory and terminal energy so I'm going to see how 6.8 does for me this year. I know, I know, a deer can only be so dead but half the fun is in the building of the guns. I've got a 7mm-08 "AR10" if I want bigger medicine in a semi-auto and, of course, bolt actions as well. I'm a meat hunter and, fortunately, here in Northern VA, there seems to be an infinite supply of deer.

Been getting some great info here for the past few weeks and I'm happy to contribute where I can.

I don't reload, got plenty of other equipment intensive hobbies, so I'm most interested to see what the best factory loads are and what barrels spit them out fastest. I posted the velocities I got from my two current barrels and 5 different kinds of ammo. Fascinating to see how much variation there is amongst all the reports here, although I know hand loading is responsible for much of that.

Glad to be here.

Thanks!
    -Stooxie

Welcome to the forum.
    01 FFL, NRA, GOA, NAGR
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
    ~Elmer Davis

68Forums.com lifer

Welcome from NC! Been hunting with the 6.8 for 5 years. I've hunted with all different kinds of rifles, and my 6.8 kills deer just as dead as the larger calibers. Almost no recoil, plenty of power for medium game, and I build them myself. I'm on my fifth now and planning another........
    "Stupid is as stupid does"---Forrest Gump

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 Member

Quote Originally Posted by 303 HUNTER View Post
    Welcome from NC! Been hunting with the 6.8 for 5 years. I've hunted with all different kinds of rifles, and my 6.8 kills deer just as dead as the larger calibers. Almost no recoil, plenty of power for medium game, and I build them myself. I'm on my fifth now and planning another........
    Great to know, thanks!

What ammo do you use?

-Stooxie

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by stooxie View Post
    Great to know, thanks!

What ammo do you use?

-Stooxie
    Have used VMax, 110 HPBT, and Gold For pulls. Will be using Cavity Back 105 MKZ's this year over AA2200.
    "Stupid is as stupid does"---Forrest Gump