Hi
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Just saying hello from Central Texas. I try to shoot as much as possible, with the price of ammo not as much as I would like.

I have a few AR15s I built and sold some because frankly 5.56mm doesn't really spin my propellor as much as other rounds. I do have a CMMG Mutant 16" and a pair of PSA KS47 pistols I like shooting better than the 5.56, cheaper ammo and just more fun. Also a CMMG 308 because frankly I didn't want to spend the money on a SCAR 17. And there it goes, I don't want to spend the money on a SIX8 so I am going to build a 6.8 SPC upper and try it on one of my AR15 lowers. If it works well I'll build a lower for it.

So I will do a lot of research as I always do. Find out half the stuff I want is either too much money or the good old "out of stock" which I see all too often.

I just want to put together a mid priced 6.8 SPC AR. I don't hunt, I don't operate and I don't care what other people say or do. I just like to build/assemble guns and make them work well then shoot them as much as I can.

Having carried a M16A1 in the Army I always felt I'd rather have a more powerful weapon and not care about the extra weight as long as it's not like a 7.62x51/308 type weight. Having handled a LWRC SIX8 but not shooting it I thought well this is it.

We'll see, I will search this web site for info and might ask a question or two, wish me luck, thanks.

68Forums.com lifer

Welcome from the Lost Pines of Texas......Glad you found us.
    "The gas came from a hole in the rear."

The 6.8 is the fastest growing cartridge and #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15."

6.8 SPC Fan

Welcome to the best board on the net.
    Waving a hand from the piney woods hills of North East Texas.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

welcome to the forum
    NRA Life Member
    Believer and Supporter of "The Constitution"

68Forums.com lifer

Welcome from NC!
    "Stupid is as stupid does"---Forrest Gump

Thanks guys