POF Revolution .308 - Page 4
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    68Forums.com Team Member

Default POF Revolution .308

We live in the land of the free, only because of the Brave.

6.8 SPC Fan

I recently ponied up the cash and got a revolution 308. After some blemish issues that got sorted out, i test fired it just for function with 5 rounds unsuppressed and 5 rounds suppressed. I had to take off the muzzle brake and put a silencerco flash hider on it, so i didnt get to shoot it with the factory brake. It's light and well made, but unsuppressed its loud as hell and kicks pretty good, and suppressed it throws a lot of gas back into this shooters face as i am left handed. I put some rtv sealant on the circle part of the charging handle to see if that helps with the gas issue like it has with my other rifles, but its currently curing. Its also raining so i cant zero the vortex pst 2.5-10 i stole off my 16in 6.8 (i replaced it with a vortex strike eagle 1-8, need to re zero that one as well). All i can say is that my first impression is that it wont be getting the use my 6.8s will. The 6.8 cartridge is a perfect blend for the ar platform, especially factoring in suppressed use, recoil, etc.

New to the 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by 68lobo! View Post
    I recently ponied up the cash and got a revolution 308. After some blemish issues that got sorted out, i test fired it just for function with 5 rounds unsuppressed and 5 rounds suppressed. I had to take off the muzzle brake and put a silencerco flash hider on it, so i didnt get to shoot it with the factory brake. It's light and well made, but unsuppressed its loud as hell and kicks pretty good, and suppressed it throws a lot of gas back into this shooters face as i am left handed. I put some rtv sealant on the circle part of the charging handle to see if that helps with the gas issue like it has with my other rifles, but its currently curing. Its also raining so i cant zero the vortex pst 2.5-10 i stole off my 16in 6.8 (i replaced it with a vortex strike eagle 1-8, need to re zero that one as well). All i can say is that my first impression is that it wont be getting the use my 6.8s will. The 6.8 cartridge is a perfect blend for the ar platform, especially factoring in suppressed use, recoil, etc.
    Appreciate the honest review. I was concerned I was going to have to pony up the cash just to give one of these Revolutions a try but after your review, I think I will stick with my 6.8's for deer hunting and just use my current (HEAVY) AR10 for those corn field sits where shots can really get long.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Fan

I'll keep mine just as the "heaviest" caliber i own, but all told, it won't be getting much use. Not when my 6.8s are so much more pleasurable to shoot, and effectively cover 99.99999% of any hunting i do.

68Forums.com Team Member

I don't have a Revolution ... but do have an 12.5" SBR'd P308 which is their full sized frame. With the original brake the fireball at the end of the barrel is simply astonishing. Mounted a Specwar brake and can. The can calmed the wild beast dramatically.

The 5R barrel has proven to be extremely accurate with 175 gr SMKs (to just over 0.5" groups). Not quite so good with 168s but still < 1 MOA. Makes a glorious impact sound on AR500 steel targets at 100 yards. 6.8 is lesser and the 5.56 from a shortie is pitiful by comparison.

Even with the very effective can, I don't think I'd want to shoot this rifle in a confined space. I think the 12.5" 6.8 mounting a Saker is about as much rifle as I care to shoot in a confined space.

Search tags for this page

pof revolution bolt carrier vs ar-15

Click on a term to search for related topics.