POF Revolution .308 - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Pig_Popper View Post
    I'm thinking a new DPMS GII Compact Hunter (16" barrel) that weighs 6.9 pounds and is in its third year of evolution at $ 1250.00 is sounding a whole lot better than the latest and greatest to hit the scene at 2300+ dollars...

tell me me why I'm wrong or mis-guided
    I have handled and had some range time with a GII DPMS and was disappointed. Felt cheap, cheap components, was not as accurate as one would hope even for a discount-ish 308. Might as well buy a PA10 from PSA which shot and felt a whole lot better then the GII.

Quote Originally Posted by Buell056 View Post
    I have handled and had some range time with a GII DPMS and was disappointed. Felt cheap, cheap components, was not as accurate as one would hope even for a discount-ish 308. Might as well buy a PA10 from PSA which shot and felt a whole lot better then the GII.
    ... And what does a complete PA10 weigh?

10 lbs 8 ounces

yeah that's not even an apple to oranges comparison - that's almost 4 lbs difference

Can you explain "cheap components" and which model did you handle?

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Pig_Popper View Post
    ... And what does a complete PA10 weigh?

10 lbs 8 ounces

yeah that's not even an apple to oranges comparison - that's almost 4 lbs difference

Can you explain "cheap components" and which model did you handle?
    Listen, it seems by your tone you have some how taken this personal which should not be the case. My reference to the PA10 was more of a budget standpoint then weight savings but you can configure the pa10 yourself on the leaner side (I built a 7lb pa10 using an xcaliber barrel, etc). Now, the model I put about 200 rounds through was a G2 MOE. In my cheap components reference I was not referring to the MOE hardware at all. Fit and finish of lower and upper, cheap anodizing, POI shift (of 2.2") after only 25 rounds doing 5 round groups with 7 minute intervals between them, garbage trigger, etc,....

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Buell056 View Post
    Listen, it seems by your tone you have some how taken this personal which should not be the case. My reference to the PA10 was more of a budget standpoint then weight savings but you can configure the pa10 yourself on the leaner side (I built a 7lb pa10 using an xcaliber barrel, etc). Now, the model I put about 200 rounds through was a G2 MOE. In my cheap components reference I was not referring to the MOE hardware at all. Fit and finish of lower and upper, cheap anodizing, POI shift (of 2.2") after only 25 rounds doing 5 round groups with 7 minute intervals between them, garbage trigger, etc,....
    I have no reason to take what you say personal - I don't even own a AR10

My question / thought was that there are two offerings that are within a half pound of each other and configured in the same size frame as a AR15 but they're 1k different in price.

The quality issues you mentioned aren't specific to the model I'm referring to - the MOE version has a lightweight 4150 chrome lined barrel while the 16" compact hunter has a 416 stainless Teflon coated barrel. Granted a DPMS GII is a DPMS GII to a certain extent with regards to fit and finish and components so with that said a trigger of my choosing and a cerakote job would be around 350 dollars so that is still 750 buck difference and now configured to suit the shooter...

Again seeking some input on the 6.9 lb DPMS and watching here for user feedback on the Revo
    Last edited by Pig_Popper; 03-22-2017 at 03:32 PM.

6.8 SPC Fan

Assuming good accuracy, how far do you guys think you could take on BIG game (elk, moose, etc) with a 16in 308 and good factory ammo?

6.8 SPC Fan

I figured you guys would be the ones to ask, because if a 16in 308 would be good to 300yds or so on elk i would consider grabbing the pof revolution gen 4 instead of waiting on an 18in version down the road. It will immediately host my can as well. I've also been considering abandoning having a 308 altogether and letting the 6.8 fill that role, as i have seen posts of people taking elk at 200yds with the cavity backs. I have a saiga 308 22in but its too heavy to field, and am basically looking for a lightweight long range semi auto. Just filling the niches in if you know what I mean. Let me know what you guys think.