POF Revolution .308
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    68Forums.com lifer

Default POF Revolution .308

Has anyone seen these? POF .308 with same pin dimension/separation as an AR15. 7 pound range and is a piston gun. Looks like the "Cadillac" version of a DPMS Gen 2.

https://youtu.be/PHKYPA3MP-M

The BCG for this .308 is on the left. POF 5.56 in middle. DPMS .308 on right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gaberelli; 03-16-2017 at 04:43 PM.

6.8 SPC Fan

First time I'd heard of it. 7.3 pounds. Wholesale under $2,300 and in stock at distributors now.

Damn, I have more than that in the LR-308 I built using the 2A Xanthos and lightweight titanium parts and got the Form 1 back on it about 6 weeks ago for the 12.5" barrel. Mine is a good bit lighter, but it ain't a factory-supported piston system either.

68Forums.com lifer

My FFL buddy said the same. RSR has then in stock. I wonder what aftermarket barrel situation is? Proprietary barrel extension? This makes more sense to me than a Six8, that's for sure. In fact, I could see keeping a couple short barrel 6.8's and selling my 16" and 18" for one of these... having a 16" .308 that for all intents and purposes was same weight as my 6.8 would be great for hunting. Add a 6.5CM upper for longer range fun. Hmmm

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by gaberelli View Post
    I wonder what aftermarket barrel situation is? Proprietary barrel extension?
    "The Revolution features many 5.56 parts; such as charging handle, bolt carrier, cam pin, buffer, heat sink barrel nut, handguard, and 5-position gas piston operating system. The barrel extension, bolt assembly, upper, and lower receiver are the exact same size as those on an AR15."

https://pof-usa.com/revolution/

I don't know the exact specs of the barrel extension between the two platforms off hand, but highly doubt there are too many manufacturers out there right now that offer 65CM barrels with an AR15 barrel extension.

The Xanthos set up I just finished building weighs right at 6lbs with either the 16" or 12.5" barrels (the 16" is heavily fluted). I followed Breaststroker's lightweight 308 build very closely- gotta give props where props are due. BUT, it ain't a POF built and supported piston gun either. The Xanthos will be 7lbs even once the ATF licks the stamp for the YHM Phantom TI. Had to get that suppressor since it was the lightest 308 can (15oz) that is rated for a 12.5" 308. On the POF, I could've used the 11oz TBAC Ultra I already had and came in at 8lbs.

68Forums.com lifer

Interesting. Thought that maybe the bolt and extension were beefed up. Apparently not.

6.8 SPC Fan

My guess is "same size" doesn't mean "same design", much like H's 750xd is the same size as typical bolts and extensions. Just guessing tho.

68Forums.com lifer

Now we wait for the shoot out.... REPR MK ii vs this new POF. It's great manufacturers are getting in on the light weight hard hitting rifles.

6.8 SPC Fan

As soon as they release an 18in barreled version of the pof revolution gen 4 it will be my final rifle purchase. My little collection will then be complete.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by 68lobo! View Post
    As soon as they release an 18in barreled version of the pof revolution gen 4 it will be my final rifle purchase. My little collection will then be complete.
    Nobody likes a quitter...

I'm thinking a new DPMS GII Compact Hunter (16" barrel) that weighs 6.9 pounds and is in its third year of evolution at $ 1250.00 is sounding a whole lot better than the latest and greatest to hit the scene at 2300+ dollars...

tell me me why I'm wrong or mis-guided

Search tags for this page

pof revolution bolt carrier vs ar-15

Click on a term to search for related topics.