Questions on the 6mm Dasher potential?
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New to the 6.8

Default Questions on the 6mm Dasher potential?

With the introduction of fully formed 6mm Dasher brass from Bullets.com and the availability of Hydo forming dies from Whidden and Hornady, the 6mm Dasher seems to have caught the attention of a couple of Wildcat developers because of a potential for easier brass formation of cartridges such as 270 AR, 7mm VAR and 30 Sabercat

The 6mm Dasher by itself is a near 243 Win performer, making it a versatile hunting target and varmint cartridge

To the more experienced Wildcatters, what are the down sides of the dasher in an AR15 and where might I find someone who makes AR 15 barrels and bolts?

New to the 6.8

Default 6mm dasher Ar

Quote Originally Posted by Techsas Bob View Post
    With the introduction of fully formed 6mm Dasher brass from Bullets.com and the availability of Hydo forming dies from Whidden and Hornady, the 6mm Dasher seems to have caught the attention of a couple of Wildcat developers because of a potential for easier brass formation of cartridges such as 270 AR, 7mm VAR and 30 Sabercat

The 6mm Dasher by itself is a near 243 Win performer, making it a versatile hunting target and varmint cartridge

To the more experienced Wildcatters, what are the down sides of the dasher in an AR15 and where might I find someone who makes AR 15 barrels and bolts?
    The main drawback is the requirement of such a large bolt face in AR-15 format. These bolts are astronomically expensive.

68Forums.com lifer

bolt thrust, reliable feeding, mag length reloads in an AR15 style rifle

all this can be overcome, but is not ideal

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

New to the 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by pcrocker View Post
    The main drawback is the requirement of such a large bolt face in AR-15 format. These bolts are astronomically expensive.
    Could not the same bolts in the 270 AR, 7mm VAR or 257 Bobcat be used?

68Forums.com lifer

Could not the same bolts in the 270 AR, 7mm VAR or 257 Bobcat be used?
    those bolts are specific to the barrel extension if i remember correctly - 750 series I think ---how many are you wanting? 60 or so? http://ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/14611/20800 (if you want a single one try contacting Bruce) --- the mag length and feeding issues are still there to tackle-----as I said, they can all be overcome , but is it worth it to you?

Last edited by Texas Hog Man; 03-03-2017 at 01:38 PM.

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

68Forums.com Industry Partner

40 degree shoulder on a small neck and big case is not optimal. That is why I went with the BRX instead of the dasher in 09 when I started making the big bolts.

With Oly closing I think Tromix will be the only company that can make the big bolts.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.

Florida structural engineer & home design- Artibus Design
    If you are a guy and walking around leaving a trail of blood there is a reason...

New to the 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    40 degree shoulder on a small neck and big case is not optimal. That is why I went with the BRX instead of the dasher in 09 when I started making the big bolts.

With Oly closing I think Tromix will be the only company that can make the big bolts.
    Can you use standard M-4 Extension or would one need a big bolt matching extension?

68Forums.com Industry Partner

Can you use standard M-4 Extension or would one need a big bolt matching extension?
    They need to match the bolt.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.

Florida structural engineer & home design- Artibus Design
    If you are a guy and walking around leaving a trail of blood there is a reason...

6.8 Member

It would benefit consumers and the wildcat industry alike to standardize on a single enhanced bolt/extension design for all 'cats based on the .308 Win case head size.

Constructor, would you be open to working with other 'cat suppliers like MDWS to have your 750 design be that standard?

New to the 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post

Are you alluding to Tromix possibly being able to machine the 800 series style bolts? The willingness is another story all together but I'm curious.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

6mm dasher ar ejector mod

Click on a term to search for related topics.