Muzzle Brake and Flash Hider - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    68Forums.com Industry Partner

As in gentle, like my MoM?
    R

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by WildShot View Post
    As in gentle, like my MoM?
    R
    Uh oh... have I opened a can of worms? --- I can see the mom jokes flooding in as we speak ;-)

Getting closer. Tomorrow if the wind and rain goes away that we are scheduled for today.

Greg
    CHECK OUT BHW'S OWN FORUM FOR GREAT INFORMATIUON

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

I spent about 8 hours at the range Saturday with four different rifles. I shot the WOW extensively from the bench. Using a front pedestal and rear bag the rifle tracked perfectly to the rear. This is on a light gun. Compared to my other 223's I had no mule rise. I was able to observe the target shot to shot never loosing the sight picture.

I left my "blasting" ammo at home setting on the counter so did not get to run and gun it. That will be cured this week. The are I shot was covered up this weekend so mid-week I will go out and set up a movement course and see how it function for me. I've got a timer so I'll see if the splits are any different vs. my regular AR's. I can say that with the combination top ports and linear comp I am very impressed already. I can also say that accuracy was not effected adversely as I got some very good groups during the testing.

I didn't have any issues with mounting or the keeping the front nut tight. I used Peramtex High Temp thread locker and it seems to be doing fine. Some of my test groups were not particularly slow so it did get hot.

Greg
    Last edited by GLShooter; 03-27-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Hidden Content

6.8 Member

Cool

This looks like it's going to turn out to be a really good. Any plans for a 6.8 version?

Default 68 Muzzle Brake

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
    This looks like it's going to turn out to be a really good. Any plans for a 6.8 version?
    I was planning a 5.56 and a 30 caliber production version. I could do a 6.8 version, but not until I do a production run. Which I don't have scheduled yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GLShooter View Post
    I spent about 8 hours at the range Saturday with four different rifles. I shot the WOW extensively from the bench. Using a front pedestal and rear bag the rifle tracked perfectly to the rear. This is on a light gun. Compared to my other 223's I had no mule rise. I was able to observe the target shot to shot never loosing the sight picture.

I left my "blasting" ammo at home setting on the counter so did not get to run and gun it. That will be cured this week. The are I shot was covered up this weekend so mid-week I will go out and set up a movement course and see how it function for me. I've got a timer so I'll see if the splits are any different vs. my regular AR's. I can say that with the combination top ports and linear comp I am very impressed already. I can also say that accuracy was not effected adversely as I got some very good groups during the testing.

I didn't have any issues with mounting or the keeping the front nut tight. I used Peramtex High Temp thread locker and it seems to be doing fine. Some of my test groups were not particularly slow so it did get hot.

Greg
    Greg, mule rise = muzzle rise? When you go for the run and gun, be prepared to adjust the top ports to compensate for any muzzle movement left or right. And check the front nut tightness frequently during your testing.
    Many Thanks for testing it out!
    Randy

6.8 Member

Cool

I was planning a 5.56 and a 30 caliber production version. I could do a 6.8 version, but not until I do a production run. Which I don't have scheduled yet.
    That's good to hear, I know a 6.8 is a niche market compared to 5.56 and .30 so I know it may be awhile off.

Greg, mule rise = muzzle rise? When you go for the run and gun, be prepared to adjust the top ports to compensate for any muzzle movement left or right. And check the front nut tightness frequently during your testing.
    Many Thanks for testing it out!
    Randy
    LOL. Well it didn't kick like mule so there wasn't a lot of rise there.

I understand the port adjustment. I have a DTA MilBrake set up on an M16 that shoves it down into the hand from the left, I'm a lefty, and it helps greatly in FA work.

I'll check that nut up front as I go for sure. The testing is always fun.

Greg

Hidden Content