Muzzle Brake and Flash Hider
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    68Forums.com Industry Partner

Default Muzzle Brake and Flash Hider

I am looking for 10 individuals willing to evaluate my new muzzle brake/flash hider (beta testers). Designed to reduce muzzle rise and recoil 60-70% . It does a great job of reducing flash: I hid the flash hider. It is louder than a target crown or a flash hider but not near as loud as a brake with big side ports. It is more efficient and will do the same job without excessive noise, and it won't blow dirt and noise in your face or the face of the guy next to you, even on a dirt berm.

• No gunsmithing - index the side holes with a crescent wrench
    • Index the side holes to compensate for muzzle movement left or right
    • No dirt in the face from those tactical berms, ask me how I know
    • Hide the flash hider
    • Design and easily make your own exit hole pattern (soon to be available)
    • 5.56mm caliber
    • 1/2 x 28 muzzle threads

You get a really good deal, in exchange for evaluating the brake/hider, and telling me what is good, bad, and ugly about this device. I am aware of certain short-comings, and I want to see what you think too.

The brake hider you get will not be production quality. One Free production quality WoW Brake goes to the person who comes up with a name (that I pick) that denotes the performance/purpose of this combination brake and flash hider: Flash Hider + Brake = FLHAKE, no, that's no good. We call it the WoW brake because our first thought when we tried it was WoW! It Works!!!

All the details are here: On Mark ARms WoW Brake/Hider

R
    Last edited by WildShot; 02-22-2017 at 09:40 PM.

68Forums.com lifer

Very cool Randy. I have a freshly built 18" 5.56 sitting here with an A2 FH on it right now that would be a great platform to test this on. Count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it does the job.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

Default OK

Quote Originally Posted by gaberelli View Post
    Very cool Randy. I have a freshly built 18" 5.56 sitting here with an A2 FH on it right now that would be a great platform to test this on. Count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OK Gaberelli, I have a few left. Order online here: https://naa73x.wixsite.com/omarms/muzzle-brakes

Thanks,
    R

The brake arrived this weekend here in Phoenix Friday evening. I got it unpacked on Sunday as I was at a match all day Saturday. I will be shooting it on my 3Gun rig Friday during my load testing for the new tube.

The machine work on this "sample" is very nicely done. Not much more would be needed for it to be coating/blackening ready as these testers are in the white. The design is pretty unique for timing the gas direction and I really like that on inspection. I'll shoot it on the semi for now and then in a couple weeks I'll slap it on an M16 and see how it likes Rock & Roll. I will take it over and have it Cerakoted in the near future only because I know a guy.

Reports to come later.

Greg
    CHECK OUT BHW'S OWN FORUM FOR GREAT INFORMATIUON

Default Burn the paint

So far all the rapid sustained fire I have tested has burned the paint off, lotsa smoke. I will be interested to know how cerakote does on your M16!

Please use Loctite 620 Hi temp retaining compound (or equivalent) on the front nut, or it will come loose after sustained fire. Check the nut tightness before firing.

Great picture, post more, I could use 'em!

R
    Last edited by WildShot; 03-15-2017 at 02:55 PM.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by WildShot View Post
    So far all the rapid sustained fire I have tested has burned the paint off, lotsa smoke. I will be interested to know how cerakote does on your M16!

Please use Loctite 620 Hi temp retaining compound (or equivalent) on the front nut, or it will come loose after sustained fire. Check the nut tightness before firing.

Great picture, post more, I could use 'em!

R
    you using the standard oven bake on cerakote H-series? or the high heat C series ?

I have the C-series high heat on my form 1 and have had no problems with sustained fire---

the C-series is rated for 1200 degrees, if you want a higher heat rating, you can buy their automotive

V-series coating (heat or air cure) that goes up to 1800 degrees but limited colors ---- the V-series can be used on lots of stuff like headers and even internally on piston tops

the standard "gun coating H-series" only withstands 525 degrees it is not meant for barrels, suppressors, gas blocks, MD's etc.
    Last edited by Texas Hog Man; 03-15-2017 at 04:54 PM.

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

I'll use the loctite as indicated. The Cerakote would be free so I figured it was worth a try.

Thanks Tex on the info on that I had no idea there was more than one. It may well be a cold blue application..lol

Greg
    CHECK OUT BHW'S OWN FORUM FOR GREAT INFORMATIUON

Quote Originally Posted by WildShot View Post
    One Free production quality WoW Brake goes to the person who comes up with a name (that I pick) that denotes the performance/purpose of this combination brake and flash hider:
    Triton FHMB
    We're developing a new citizenry. One that will be very selective about cereals and automobiles, but won't be able to think. - Rod Serling

He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance. - TJ

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by 68WJ View Post
    Triton FHMB
    how about one of these: typhoon, cyclone, tornado, twister, vortex - adjustable directional FHMB (or MBFH) --- due to the design of the ports on the body

problem with a WoW muzzle brake is if you turn it upside down it turns into a MoM muzzle brake

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.