Lion - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lion

6.8 SPC Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dman62 View Post
    That's a healthy cat. Have you noticed fewer pics of deer on the cams?
    Its less fun, but a good way to deal with some of the hogs. They like bacon too.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by dman62 View Post
    That's a healthy cat. Have you noticed fewer pics of deer on the cams?
    Seems the patterns of the deer and hogs have changed on the cameras.
    Dave

Wilson Combat Pro Staff (Strategic Partners Leupold and Barnes Bullets)
    Third Coast Thermal Pro Staff

We hunt between Uvalde and Bracketteville Texas. My father saw a young lion, maybe 40-60 lbs on our lease this past weekend. Unfortunately we have shifted from a deer lease that killed a couple hogs to the opposite.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

I'd be locked and loaded and huntin' his a$$!
    "The gas came from a hole in the rear."

The 6.8 is the fastest growing cartridge and #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15."

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Harter View Post
    Catch 22 !
    Cool !
    On the other hand that looks like a hungry cat willing to stalk a feeder .

Looks like spots on that hind leg . Jaguar perhaps ?
    I see the pattern you are talking about.
    After looking real close, tho, the head and neck don't look "thick" enough to be a jaguar (to me anyways).

I don't think we've had jaguars here in Cali since the '20s, although I wouldn't be surprised if the odd one didn't wander across the border on occasion. Sad we don't still have more of them throughout all the southwestern states.
    Last edited by SteveOM; 04-24-2017 at 11:16 PM.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by elkbow View Post
    Had a visitor at the ranch this morning captured on one of my cellular cameras. Looks like this lion may be collared, I'll have to look at the card picture, this is a low resolution picture that was sent to my phone.

*Edit, forgot to say, this is in West Texas at my hunt lease

How do u like that spartan trail cam? I just got a heck of a deal on a new bushnell aggressor cellular cam, couldn't pass up the price. Hope it works well enough

68Forums.com lifer

The Spartan works well, most of the time. I've run in to 2 issues. I have 3 cameras out, on 2 cameras they failed to send out pics, but the problem appears to be Verizon. I had to call them and have them reset the DMU (Dynamic Mobile IP Key Update) key.

Another time it has corrupted the SD card. Also, they won't just take any SD card. They like slower, low capacity cards.
    Dave

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by elkbow View Post
    The Spartan works well, most of the time. I've run in to 2 issues. I have 3 cameras out, on 2 cameras they failed to send out pics, but the problem appears to be Verizon. I had to call them and have them reset the DMU (Dynamic Mobile IP Key Update) key.

Another time it has corrupted the SD card. Also, they won't just take any SD card. They like slower, low capacity cards.
    god to know, the bushnell recommends the "fast" high capacity SD card especially if you intend to record video, they only use the AT&T network, but it is not a regular cellular SIM card, it has it's own special one exclusively for the camera so the monthly rates are based off of thumbnails sent, not specific data rates like some of the other trailcams out there --on the low end it is more reasonable monthly costs than some of the others, but if you intend to do lots of pics then the bushnell can get expensive fast- others are better options if you have lots of pics.

the bushnell is a 14MP, with no-glow IR flash and though it claims to have a 60' trigger radius, it was tested to actually have up to 110' trigger radius, it has geo-tagging, 720p video capability, and a .3 second trigger time with 1 to 3 round burst shot capability --I can view pis via e-mail, text, website, or APP

one of the reasons I went for the Bushnell was that the AT&T signal is strong where I intend to put this, and I couldn't pass up the price $150 shipped as most of the others are $300+---I can add a steel camlock box later for about $40, and a solar panel for about $60 or so if I want to, If it works out well I may get more in the future, but monthly fees could add up quick ---mine will be double duty for not only capturing game animals in the area, but for security reasons for 2 legged critters trespassing onto my property---I have a standard trail cam there now, but I have always feared that a trespasser would notice it and then just take it or destroy it so no pics could be pulled from the SD card, the wireless cam send the pics to me so if needed I can have a pic on-hand even if the trail cam was stolen or destroyed --- we have to keep the gates unlocked on the property for the rancher that holds the grazing rights; though I have never had an issue with trespassers, but always worried about someone getting into my cabin while I'm away
    Last edited by Texas Hog Man; 04-28-2017 at 11:01 AM.

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

68Forums.com lifer

On the Spartan, I only pay $5/month on each as the data used just comes off my plan, which is for my phone.

Same thing in the Spartan, the FOV that it triggers is larger than the camera takes pics by just a little bitid probably be better off with AT&T, signal is better, but cheaper for me to use Verizon.
    Dave