H says you Guys have lots of ideas - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    You should talk to Brett about that. Seems like someone was working on that for quiet a while and it never really worked like it should. I think HK is the only company that has been successful.
    Superlative has one out that Brett was testing. I have one and it doesn't bleed off all the gas.

68Forums.com Industry Partner

When I said ideas I was thinking ideas of things they as in forum members may want to produce and have Randy machine them. A full chassis system may cost 100K to engineer, test, troubleshoot, redesign and develop in general and he takes all of the chances. It's not that time yet.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.
    complete uppers-

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Spearjunkie View Post
    You should talk to Brett about that. Seems like someone was working on that for quiet a while and it never really worked like it should. I think HK is the only company that has been successful.
    Superlative has one out that Brett was testing. I have one and it doesn't bleed off all the gas.
    Not like the superlative one--- the superlative one doesn't act like a pressure regulator, it still is a volume regulating style if I am correct, also it still has to be adjusted any time something is changed--- I want a true "set it and forget it" gas block, I think if it could be done- they would sell like hot cakes .

Just an idea, probably not a reality though.

Randy already knows that I love that he is going to offer different calibers in the nextgen chassis in the future, not necessarily soon- but some day.

What about a .710 diameter linear comp ( similar to the ARP JAL but thinner) --- I don't care for large diameter or long muzzle devices ( unless it's a suppressor:-))

A lower receiver that has been milled I'm the mag well area to accept cut out mags with long loaded ammo (like what yam and x-man have done) so loading to 2.4 can be done without single loading.

Barrel fluting service for those who want to spend the extra cash for pretty or light?

Barrel cutting/crowning and Muzzle threading service?

Opening the bolt face on bolt action rifles to accept the 6.8
    Last edited by Texas Hog Man; 02-16-2017 at 09:41 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

So this is like an "open source" type of deal where we all order and we benefit from whatever idea is developed?
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine!

Think like a bullet sm

68Forums.com lifer

When I said ideas I was thinking ideas of things they as in forum members may want to produce and have Randy machine them. A full chassis system may cost 100K to engineer, test, troubleshoot, redesign and develop in general and he takes all of the chances. It's not that time yet.
    I thought we were just throwing ideas out there. Seeing if anything stuck.

I've been thinking about the bolt action thing some though. Wonder if a side charge upper could be converted. Put a bigger bolt handle on the side. Then use it like a straight pull bolt action. Might be a way to get around some of the ridiculous state laws.

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hog Man View Post
    I wouldn't think any more so than any other part of the DI system that sees the same gas flow/pressure/temperatures, such as your gas block, gas tube, gas key, etc ----- the parts of a "restrictive" gas block that get plugged from carbon fouling are the parts that the gas is not supposed to be going to, like into the threads of the adjustment screw etc--- Iv'e never seen a standard gas block get plugged up from fouling, rather they tend to wear away from the hot gasses

the SA "vent style" GB doesn't seem to be affected by carbon fouling, but it doesn't have a ball/seat either as far as I know--- only 1 way to find out for sure

not sure if my idea would work or not, but I'd love to see a true "set it and forget it" gas block where you could change ammo, add suppressors etc with out having to mess with the GB settings
    Maybe you could use a spring loaded piston/ball to expose a greater number of vents as the pressure goes up.

68Forums.com lifer

Sorry guys, I still don't know how this works.
    Lets say we like an idea a lot.

Who decides what is a good idea or not?
    What are the next steps and who is involved?
    When the members see the fruits of these ideas and can contribute and get access
    to whatever is manufactured?
    The gene pool could use a little chlorine!

Think like a bullet sm

68Forums.com Industry Partner

Default Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by 1stmarine View Post
    Sorry guys, I still don't know how this works.
    Lets say we like an idea a lot.

Who decides what is a good idea or not?
    What are the next steps and who is involved?
    When the members see the fruits of these ideas and can contribute and get access
    to whatever is manufactured?
    I am having trouble keeping up with you guys. Great Ideas! Been busy machining and paying attention to the Ms .

I will consult with H to consider all of your ideas. Our criteria will be: machinability, time frame, cost, sales, all the usual stuff. I can see 68 members getting a great price on whatever we come up with.

H has me making lo profile gas blocks. I am starting on them as soon as I get the AR folding stock prototype off to Dead Foot.

R

6.8 Member

A 3 way gas block similar to paladins but a better design. off. normal and suppressed.
    I second this.

With plenty of options for different barrel lengths, gas system lengths, port sizes and calibers.

Especially if they were tuned for the different ARP barrels.

Would be even better if it had two adjustment set screws. One that adjusted the normal setting and one that adjusted the suppressed setting. Not sure how that would work, might not be possible.
    Last edited by Are- O- Be; 02-19-2017 at 12:07 PM.

68Forums.com lifer

Always wondered why a varying pressure gas system would be feasible. There are a number of semi-auto shotguns that use such a system. Surely, a few minor changes and a workable simple self-cleaning gas system would be possible?
    NRA Life Member
    Believer and Supporter of "The Constitution"