6.8 SPC Forums banner

Adjustable carbine stock?

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Yotehunter243 
#1 ·
does anyone besides Luth-AR sell a fully adjustable carbine stock?

See less See more
#4 ·
the xlr does not mount to a carbine buffer tube

come to think of it, the length of pull doesn't really need to be adjustable as the carbine system adjusts for length, Luth-AR has one that only has the adjustable riser on it for about $130 I think

#6 · (Edited)
How about an adjustable butt plate and riser added to one of the Magpul offerings?

The biggest issue is the interference with the charging handle and the raised comb. Larue has their RISR attachment that accounts for this, or Magpul has the various attachments in different height increments, but does not account for the CH interference. I've been exploring different options for my new MDT LSS-XL chassis I picked up for one of my bolt actions. Both MDT and XLR have nice options, but neither one is intended for a carbine tube with functional buffer system.

#8 ·
Does it really reduce recoil like they claim?

#9 ·
Well, I'm gonna try the one from Luth-ar....got a deal on one for $105--- I'll review it after I give it a try

#11 ·
Review

well,
I don't think a fully adjustable carbine stock is really needed after I now have one

I like the "adjustable pin" that this luth-ar stock uses, and it has a "locking allen screw" to lock it down tight and keep it from rattling ,-- as others noted, the cheek riser gets in the way of the charge handle if the butt stock it too close to the receiver

also, I only adjusted the cheek riser up about 1/8" as any higher and I cant get my face close enough to the scope centerline to see properly (if you had tall rings and a large objective scope this function might be more usable)

as far as the adjustablilty of the end-plate goes--- you really don't need much more than 1/2 or so for length., as any further and you just bring the whole stock back one detent hole on the buffer tube--- the butt plate is adjustable for height (but only down , not up) and it is adjustable for left/right off of centerline, but must be straight and can not be angled --- the adjustable butt plate is HARD plastic and flat faced with no radius or angle to it so if this was put on a high recoiling rifle it might hurt a bit with no padding (like a 308)

weight is around 11 ounces so not real heavy, but not light either

overall, it is OK and it is definately a quality made product, but not really necessary---- I actually prefer the Rodgers super stock over this --- for the bench it will work, but it is just too much for field use IMO

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.