What would you pay for SPCII premium ammo
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

View Poll Results: What is the maximum you would pay for premium SPCII factory ammo?

Voters
136. This poll is closed
  • 20 dollars a box of 20

29 21.32%
  • 25 dollars a box of 20

22 16.18%
  • 30 dollars a box of 20

49 36.03%
  • 35 dollars a box of 20

30 22.06%
  • 40 dollars a box of 20

6 4.41%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    68Forums.com Industry Partner

Default What would you pay for SPCII premium ammo

As the title says what would you pay for premium SPCII ammo.
    A serious question.
    If we could get a company to load various premium bullets in factory ammo and load it to SPCII specs and pressures what is the most you would be willing to pay for it?
    $20 a box, $30 a box, $40 a box?
    Please make your choice and weight in on why.
    I realize everyone would want premium ammo at $15 a box if possible but it is not.
    If we can get someone to load it at as competitive a price as we can and no one buys it then it does not benefit the community or the cartridge.
    We have all commented about and dreamed about factory SPCII ammo, but what is it worth? What is the most you would pay?
    Last edited by Yamaraja; 02-15-2017 at 01:17 AM.
    Cavity Back Bullets

Home of custom precision CNC milled projectiles and more.

Affiliates:
    AR15 Performance
    IronWorks Tactical

The 6.8 SPCII, the best all around cartridge available in the AR15 platform.

$30-35 a box range wouldn't be too bad being Premium Ammo would most likely be exclusively used for hunting season.

6.8 SPC Lover

$35 a box for solid projectiles

$30 a box for bonded projectiles

Both would need to produce accuracy and enough velocity/energy for hunting (balanced well) for the common barrel lengths - 16" to 20" the way I see it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 Member

Quote Originally Posted by semi_cop View Post
    $30-35 a box range wouldn't be too bad being Premium Ammo would most likely be exclusively used for hunting season.
    +1 for me. It seems that for everything that I can find in a store runs $25-30 range. I honestly wouldn't consider Hornady's VMAX or their Full Boar offering premium but that seems to be what they consider price wise. That's all I've bought other than the XM68GD and a box of the Federal FMJ's for $20 the other day which again I think that's too high as well. I would like to see the $30-35 range and wouldn't mind paying that but with the current market it seems premium would be closer to $40.

68Forums.com lifer

Semi hit it on the head. I voted $35 on the high end and agree mostly likely at that price point it would be for hunting, etc.

For those that haven't voted in the poll yet.

Seriously think about what your voting for. Yes, a 20-25 dollar a box price point for premium ammo loaded to SPC II pressure is what we ALL want, I don't think that is feasible.

What price would you actually pay for a box of PREMIUM AMMUNITION.

If Robert brings loaded MKZ ammo to fruition at SPC II pressure they will benefit the hunting community, especially for those that do not reload. Most people after zeroing their gun probably don't shoot a box a year of premium ammunition, so keep that in mind.
    Last edited by semi_cop; 02-15-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Please keep in mind we may be able to get two or three projectiles loaded but obviously, I see the MKZ and perhaps Cutting Edge Raptor line as the top choices. These bullets, if loaded into factory ammo, would not cut into any other MFR's supply or production. Someone else said "give me a solid and a bonded..." Great idea, as I believe a guy could do everything he needs to do with three bullets. A Raptor 82 grain, an MKZ, and a 90 gold dot, which can be had inexpensively (almost enough so for a plinking bullet).

One of the reasons we are in the pickle we're in, is that many of these larger companies try to corner the market (i.e, Nosler) and shut smaller companies out.

This ammo would be made to match grade specs and with the highest quality brass available. It would be loaded using tried and tested loads which we have been shooting for years. Several of them have already been pressure tested so this is not a pipe dream.

If we can get enough support here, it would go a long way toward making the first large run.

Spread the word, guys...

Quote Originally Posted by HTR View Post
    Please keep in mind we may be able to get two or three projectiles loaded but obviously, I see the MKZ and perhaps Cutting Edge Raptor line as the top choices. These bullets, if loaded into factory ammo, would not cut into any other MFR's supply or production. Someone else said "give me a solid and a bonded..." Great idea, as I believe a guy could do everything he needs to do with three bullets. A Raptor 82 grain, an MKZ, and a 90 gold dot, which can be had inexpensively (almost enough so for a plinking bullet).

One of the reasons we are in the pickle we're in, is that many of these larger companies try to corner the market (i.e, Nosler) and shut smaller companies out.

This ammo would be made to match grade specs and with the highest quality brass available. It would be loaded using tried and tested loads which we have been shooting for years. Several of them have already been pressure tested so this is not a pipe dream.

If we can get enough support here, it would go a long way toward making the first large run.

Spread the word, guys...
    Great Points as well Chris. Thanks for jumping in.

Wilson Combat is charging 36.95 for ammo pushing 100gr bullets(TTSX or Nosler) to 2600fps.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.
    complete uppers-

For those that haven't voted in the poll yet.

Seriously think about what your voting for. Yes, a 20-25 dollar a box price point for premium ammo loaded to SPC II pressure is what we ALL want, I don't think that is feasible.

What price would you actually pay for a box of PREMIUM AMMUNITION.

If Robert brings loaded MKZ ammo to fruition at SPC II pressure they will benefit the hunting community, especially for those that do not reload. Most people after zeroing their gun probably don't shoot a box a year of premium ammunition, so keep that in mind.
    Agree, Hornady 120sst ammo sells for 24.50 normally and that is far from a premium ammo, just about as cheap as you can find except for the 90gr GD, S&B and AE. Guys that buy the cheapest ammo they can find will stick to buying those 3-4. No one other than the big companies can load that cheap. IMO we need a medium cost bullet at a faster velocity like the 100 Nosler and then higher cost bullets like the MKZ.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.
    complete uppers-