Rush to Declare 6.8 Dead - Page 8
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    6.8 SPC Fan

Barrels are cheap in the grand scale of things:

Most will not wear out a barrel in a lifetime of shooting & for those who do, barrels are cheap enough.

Shoot a little & save the barrel or shoot the shyt out of it & replace it? Our favorite barrel vendor will make more!
    18"WOA-Denny 6.8 SPCII Larue Stealth/DD14Lite

Titan Armory Extreme Owner #65

IonBond 16" Noveske mounted up to a LWRC Six8 floated by a 13" Geissele MK IV rail

Quote Originally Posted by VLODPG View Post
    Barrels are cheap in the grand scale of things:

Most will not wear out a barrel in a lifetime of shooting & for those who do, barrels are cheap enough.

Shoot a little & save the barrel or shoot the shyt out of it & replace it? Our favorite barrel vendor will make more!
    Yes sir! Dirt cheap, crappy steel 6.8 would give me an excuse to buy a spare ARP barrel. ROI wise, we are talking about the cost savings of shooting about 13 boxes of factory ammo to pay for the barrel. How many rounds until the barrel wears out? Not sure, but everything after that 13 boxes is saving plenty of money and encouraging me to shoot more. I don't see the issue at all with cheapo steel so long as the gun cycles it.
    We're developing a new citizenry. One that will be very selective about cereals and automobiles, but won't be able to think. - Rod Serling

He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance. - TJ

I just had a visit from Fed ex and have in my hand my first 6.8 it's an ARP 18 " MID WEIGHT ,the barrel looks great and I was surprised at the linear comp ,it is a lot more stream line than it looks in the pictures . I will eventually get time to work up loads but for now I'll order Hornady and Federal factory .

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Addict

Quote Originally Posted by amprecon View Post
    Perusing the other forums, I keep seeing posts about how 6.8 is a dying round and headed towards obsolescence like the .45gap. Now I have to admit I don't see many other 6.8's at the range when I go, but I refuse to believe the 6.8 is a dying round. Also, every time the 6.8 is mentioned in a conversation there are always those that have to go on about how much better the 6.5g is and denigrate the 6.8 at every opportunity, it is annoying to say the least.

I think it may be cartridge envy.

I do know that during the development of the 6.8, they did try various bullet diameters and came to the conclusion that the 6.8 had the best terminal effect of the various bullets tried. IMO, terminal effect is what matters as well as accuracy, but for overall effectivity, not putting too much emphasis on one attribute or another they found the 6.8 was the best compromise and this is one reason I jumped on the 6.8 bandwagon and I ain't getting off any time soon.
    Death is in the eye of the beholder.

If you think you are going to die, chances are that you will die.

The 6.8 is not the only caliber that I prefer.

There are a few others that have a different jobs that they do very well.

Some folks just need to have whatever the latest & greatest is, in their opinion of course. I am noticing that if you have something new, that it is better. FTS.

I like what I have.

I don't shoot Russian ammo and I never will.

30 Cal. Turning cover into concealment since before I was born.

I will be 64 years old the first week of May.

Silver