Rush to Declare 6.8 Dead - Page 6
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    6.8 SPC Lover

I love my 6.8's (16" and a 13")
    When i go hunting i always take one of my 68's lately,
    its been my 13"... both are solid performers. When ever i go to GS or Academy i always look to see if there's any ammo on the shelves,more times than not there isnt much,so somebody is buying the ammo.... to me it seems like the 68 is in a "lull" but i keep waiting for something innovative.
    so for now its just loading, hunting and showing people my results....pigs,deer, aoudad.. i also think i need another 16" 68 so my 11 yr old daughter can have her own and give mine back! is the 68 dead no... not to me
    "It's better to be tried by 12 than to be carried by six"

Hey H, are your sales steady, up or down? That would be one indicator of how the 6.8 is doing.

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by VLODPG View Post
    When we can get someone to start manufacturing low cost plinking ammo & have it regularly available, maybe then 6.8 will be more common.

http://sgammo.com/product/65-grendel...-wpa-wolf-ammo

500 round case - 6.5 Grendel 100 grain FMJ Lacquered Steel case WPA Wolf $114.75
    i wouldn't care if 6.8 ammo was 1.14 per case of 500,, i personally still wouldn't buy Wolf steel cased ammo and shoot it in my guns,, but that's just me.
    Some day your life will flash before your eyes, do something worth watching.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com Industry Partner

Quote Originally Posted by shootahoyt View Post
    Hey H, are your sales steady, up or down? That would be one indicator of how the 6.8 is doing.
    We increase every year and last Oct was the first time Oct had ever been the busiest month of the year. I'm just a small part of the whole market, tough to tell how things are really going.
    AR Performance 6.8 SPC, 5.56 & Grendel barrels.
    complete uppers-

6.8 SPC Fan

I think that now the presidency has shifted to a more pro gun stance we will see more advancement in the ar "variant" calibers in general. Now the ammo companies don't have to completely devote themselves to cranking out all the typical calibers just to meet demand fed by the threat of a ban or government involvement. Demand is already slowing from what i have seen for the most common chamberings--556, 308, 7.62x39, 9mm, 12g-- packed to the rafters in places i frequent. 6.8 has cemented itself in the AR world as the go to hunting cartridge and I'm certain despite what some are desperate to believe (much like our friends on the opposite side of the aisle), the 6.8 is very far from dead.

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by moboy56 View Post
    i wouldn't care if 6.8 ammo was 1.14 per case of 500,, i personally still wouldn't buy Wolf steel cased ammo and shoot it in my guns,, but that's just me.
    I feel ya on that, after my experience with the tard Wolf rep at SHOT, It is my last choice but it would be nice to see ammo from Tula,Winchester (WWB) or PMC for the 6.8.
    18"WOA-Denny 6.8 SPCII Larue Stealth/DD14Lite

Titan Armory Extreme Owner #65

IonBond 16" Noveske mounted up to a LWRC Six8 floated by a 13" Geissele MK IV rail

68Forums.com Team Member

There is currently Hornady Match in steel cases, I believe I just saw where Winchester has introduced USA Forged steel cased ammo, and there is a new company that is introducing stainless steel/aluminum hybrid cases/ammo that can be reloaded something on the order of 40 times with NO case stretching. This "new" hybrid case requires a special sizing die available only from the manufacturer. These cases are cheaper than brass to produce also. Here is a link to the article https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2017/2/13/goodbye-brass/
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army
    Twice Retired

6.8 SPC the most versatile MSR Cartridge available in the AR 15 style firearms.

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer_2 View Post
    There is currently Hornady Match in steel cases, I believe I just saw where Winchester has introduced USA Forged steel cased ammo, and there is a new company that is introducing stainless steel/aluminum hybrid cases/ammo that can be reloaded something on the order of 40 times with NO case stretching. This "new" hybrid case requires a special sizing die available only from the manufacturer. These cases are cheaper than brass to produce also. Here is a link to the article https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2017/2/13/goodbye-brass/

Thats all well & good but if they don't offer it in 6.8............................
    18"WOA-Denny 6.8 SPCII Larue Stealth/DD14Lite

Titan Armory Extreme Owner #65

IonBond 16" Noveske mounted up to a LWRC Six8 floated by a 13" Geissele MK IV rail

Why is that exactly? Never had any problems with shooting steel cased ammo. I even have a case of 9mm Winchester steel cased.
    01 FFL, NRA, GOA, NAGR
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
    ~Elmer Davis

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Why is that exactly? Never had any problems with shooting steel cased ammo. I even have a case of 9mm Winchester steel cased.
    I don't know about other folks, but to me "steel cased ammo" usually also means a bimetallic projo and I don't prefer that stuff tearing up my barrels.