22 Nosler Offerings
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
    68Forums.com Industry Partner

Default 22 Nosler Offerings

Columbia River Arms/Black Hole Weaponry

We are now taking orders for 22 Nosler in 18" mid and 20" inch lengths with a base price of $295. We are starting a first run wait list and will begin production in the next week or two. They are not going on our web site until after the first barrels are produced. Please share with your friends with high velocity 223 caliber needs. 503-410-558

CHECK OUT BHW'S OWN FORUM FOR GREAT INFORMATIUON

being that the 22 nosler is now out, is it true that Blackhole's proprietary 22x6.8 is being shelved due to an agreement between Nosler and Blackhole?
    in other words, no more 22x6.8 chamberings being offered?

Quote Originally Posted by grovermn5 View Post
    being that the 22 nosler is now out, is it true that Blackhole's proprietary 22x6.8 is being shelved due to an agreement between Nosler and Blackhole?
    in other words, no more 22x6.8 chamberings being offered?
    Absolutely not. Where did you hear that crazy stuff? Why would that occur? There are at least three 22X6.8 variants being sold by other companies that actually come closer in case form than the one from BHW..

Greg
    Last edited by GLShooter; 02-06-2017 at 06:31 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

absurd....i hope. but thats why i asked. just wanted to verify.

now, take this with a grain of salt but id heard this 3rd hand.

the story i got was that an individual called BHW inquiring about the 22x68. the below information was apparently communicated to the potential buyer by an individual at BHW(salesman?)

anyway, the salesman tried to steer this potential buyer away from the 22x68 and towards the 22nolser citing that it would not be the best idea to pursue the 22x68 because in the immediate future the 22x68 was going to be discontinued in favor of the 22nosler.

this story made it to me because im a known 22x68 shooter/proponent.

here is what i do know, the individual i heard this from i trust completely........now his source im unsure of but i for sure know that potential buyer did call BHW and after the conversation decided not to pursue the 22x68 chambering

now, before you get out the pitchforks remember im just the messenger here looking for information.

I just talked with BHW management. There is no agreement with Nosler. They are not dropping the 6X6.8. They are still selling them and orders have picked up recently but they are selling a ton of the new Noslers. I just ordered a 20" 22 Nosler while I chatted with them on top of the 26" Savage tube in the works for me.

Tell your friend to go ahead on and order a 22X6.8 and if he has any questions he can contact me or Ritch Johnson and we will help him out at any spot on the journey.

Greg
    Last edited by GLShooter; 02-06-2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Dyslexia

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by GLShooter View Post
    I just talked wit BHW management. There is no agreement with Nosler. They are not dropping the 6X6.8. They are still selling them and orders have picked up recently but they are selling a ton of the new Noslers. I just ordered a 20" 22 Nosler while I chatted with them on top of the 62" Savage tube in the works for me.

Tell your friend to go ahead on and order a 22X6.8 and if he has any questions he can contact me or Ritch Johnson and we will help him out at any spot on the journey.

Greg
    Wow, now that's a long azzz barrel!!! A 62" savage tube? Over 5' long rifle barrel ;-)

glad to hear that. as for the guy who called, i dont know him. i was concerned for myself.
    im going to need another 22x68 barrel sooner than later and was going to make arrangements but since there is no hurry i can wait a bit.

thanks for clarifying things.

I just talked wit BHW management. There is no agreement with Nosler. They are not dropping the 6X6.8. They are still selling them and orders have picked up recently but they are selling a ton of the new Noslers. I just ordered a 20" 22 Nosler while I chatted with them on top of the 62" Savage tube in the works for me.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hog Man View Post
    Wow, now that's a long azzz barrel!!! A 62" savage tube? Over 5' long rifle barrel ;-)
    That's a dyslexic shooter going for every bit of velocity! ! What were those 10 gauge Long Toms? 36" IIRC.

Greg

New to the 6.8

Default 6.8 SPC and 5.56 barrel extensions

Columbia River Arms/Black Hole Weaponry

We are now taking orders for 22 Nosler in 18" mid and 20" inch lengths with a base price of $295. We are starting a first run wait list and will begin production in the next week or two. They are not going on our web site until after the first barrels are produced. Please share with your friends with high velocity 223 caliber needs. 503-410-558

Are the barrel extensions on a 6.8 SPC and 5.56 the same?
    Will a 5.56 bolt lock up with a 6.8 SPC extension and safely fire?

If so could we take a 5.56 bolt and put it in a 6.8 extension and barrel
    and shot 6.8 formed brass from 22 nos brass?
    Last edited by Techsas Bob; 04-07-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techsas Bob View Post
    Are the barrel extensions on a 6.8 SPC and 5.56 the same?
    Will a 5.56 bolt lock up with a 6.8 SPC extension and safely fire?

If so could we take a 5.56 bolt and put it in a 6.8 extension and barrel
    and shot 6.8 formed brass from 22 nos brass?
    Yep it is all compatible.

Greg