Ruger vs s&w - Page 4
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ruger vs s&w

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Gotfour View Post
    I know this is a revolver thread but personally I would carry a 10MM backup in either a Glock 20 or 40. Less cost, lighter weight and 16 rounds of 200 grain hard cast lead whup-ass loaded on the upper end.
    It's a good choice if grizzlies aren't in the mix. I used to carry one.

6.8 SPC Addict

I'm a smith fan, my 8-3/8" model 57 is probably my favorite with a tuned trigger that rivals my match rifles when shot single action. I also shoot a model 10V occasionally, more for fun and just at the dueling tree. Have a gp100 that's OK, had a black Hawk and it was nice, but I've moved up to the Magnum Research BFR in 460 for hunting. Bottom line is how they feel and how well you can shoot them. I think a 657 4" is next for me though, can load down to 357 power charges or load up to 44 power. Love the 41.

-Alexander
    Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment

68Forums.com lifer

Cool

I read somewhere that if you were inclined to take on big browns with a pistol it was probably a good idea to have a melt job done on it so's it doesn't hurt so bad when he jams it up your ass!
    '67 Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club, "Big Mothers"

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Gotfour View Post
    I read somewhere that if you were inclined to take on big browns with a pistol it was probably a good idea to have a melt job done on it so's it doesn't hurt so bad when he jams it up your ass!
    LMFAO - If I emptied a cylinder of 41mag into a bear and he still was pissed, he wins. Also means that I can't hit a car at 40 feet.

I love 41 mag.

Silver