Help finding a gas block!!!
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
    6.8 SPC Fan

Default Help finding a gas block!!!

So I'm in search of a low profile gas block in .875... Need it to be a clamp on and steel... All I can find are aluminum or set screw ones lol. I might have to buy an adjustable one if I can't find a non adjustable... Does anyone know who makes one? I've checked DD, YHM, Seekins, SLR, BRO, BTE, POF, JP... But seems a non adjustable, steel, clamp style gas block in .875 is a little allusive... Any help will be greatly appreciated!

68Forums.com lifer

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod86816.aspx

found several steel set screw style in stock, but the only in stock clamp on that I could find is above

I found several companies that make them, but none were in stock

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

6.8 SPC Fan

Ya that's the one I will probably end up going with... It's adjustable and I have been looking for a non adjustable to save 40-60 bucks... But it seems no one makes a steel clamp non adjustable gas block... The badger ordnance one I found was discontinued.. it's crazy... I thought that .875 was fairly popular lol. Seems the set screw ones are a dime a dozen and adjustable as well... They are available, but a non adjustable steel clamp seems to have become unobtanium.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Fan

Thank you for searching though... I am kinda loosing my mind trying to find one lol. Hoping someone knows of some little known company that might make one lol. Hail Mary!

6.8 SPC Lover

You just missed a 15% off sale, but if you end up going adjustable then SLR is hard to beat: http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...product_id=125

6.8 SPC Fan

Ya I have one on my 22" triad.. wanted a non adjustable to save some money... Superlative give a 20% military discount that drops theirs to 80.. so 40 cheaper than SLR so I'm leaning that route now lol.

6.8 SPC Fan

Broke down and got the superlative... at least I can run it suppressed once hpa passes

6.8 Member

I believe I have one. I bought an adjustable block that came with a gas tube that should have been straight not bent. I called to see if it was a mistake and they said no and would not send me a straight tube. I was having problems finding just a straight tube, I found a tube and block set so I bought it. I used the tube and now the gas block is sitting on my table. I can double check the size and make if your interested. Never mind, the extra one I have is adjustable. It is everything you didn't want, except it is steel. It is a precision reflex.
    Last edited by just a guy; 01-15-2017 at 05:01 PM. Reason: more info