Biggest thing for 6.8 in 2016? - Page 13
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera Kennels View Post
    Thanks for the info. When hunting in cold weather, the shoulder stock isn't an issue as the light recoil of the AR is padded by her jacket. The issue is when she is at the practice bench in typical weather. She has full use of her arm, but her physical therapist says she can plan on having shoulder replacements when she is older as her humerus bone is floating a bit and unsecured due to her collar bone (clavicle) not growing out all the way (on both shoulders). When she shoots several rounds, she needs a pad or needs to hold off in order to prevent the development of a mental flinch during the shot.
    No idea but could this possibly be of help for your wife?

A couple of reviews on the product and some other products down the right side of the page.

https://www.amazon.com/EvoShield-Wom...ews/B0062AYP6W
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army
    Twice Retired

6.8 SPC the most versatile MSR Cartridge available in the AR 15 style firearms.

New to the 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by GLShooter View Post
    I use a Sinclair and K&M. The later seems to be a bit less agressive.

Greg
    Thanks for the rec; I'll give the K&M a try.

6.8 Member

When up- or down-regulating ammo and brass production or bringing a cheap plinking option to market, what numbers do companies like Federal, Hornady et al., use? As industry-friendly as some of these manufacturers may be, one has to believe that their bottom line is the most important decision making factor. Once the 6.8 went off the rails (for the better, obviously) did the caliber lose its full ability to be monitored, spreadsheeted etc by these companies?

What about the heavy ammo users... are most using handloads with "x" fired brass? It seems that with the improved performance first from the spc II chambering and later by those like Harrison that those in the know are doing just that to take full advantage of the caliber's potential. What I guess I am attempting to question is whether the 6.8's greatest advancement is also it's biggest detractor in terms of factory ammunition sales, which in turn affects production, cost and availability.

Or is the failure of a true 6.8 explosion purely an advertising deficit or lack of mainstream visibility like previous posters have suggested? Maybe a call to Wahlberg wouldn't be such a bad idea, lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by drjecod View Post
    When up- or down-regulating ammo and brass production or bringing a cheap plinking option to market, what numbers do companies like Federal, Hornady et al., use? As industry-friendly as some of these manufacturers may be, one has to believe that their bottom line is the most important decision making factor. Once the 6.8 went off the rails (for the better, obviously) did the caliber lose its full ability to be monitored, spreadsheeted etc by these companies?

What about the heavy ammo users... are most using handloads with "x" fired brass? It seems that with the improved performance first from the spc II chambering and later by those like Harrison that those in the know are doing just that to take full advantage of the caliber's potential. What I guess I am attempting to question is whether the 6.8's greatest advancement is also it's biggest detractor in terms of factory ammunition sales, which in turn affects production, cost and availability.

Or is the failure of a true 6.8 explosion purely an advertising deficit or lack of mainstream visibility like previous posters have suggested? Maybe a call to Wahlberg wouldn't be such a bad idea, lol.
    A big part of the lack of support is Remington dropping it like a hot potato. This is something Remington does when they screw up and it has hurt several good calibers. Their latest fiasco is the .300 BO, they still push it but the funniest part is that the cheap ammo they kept talking about NEVER appeared. It is only a little cheaper than 6.8 at $500 a thousand vs about $600 a thousand for 6.8

If another company were to push the 6.8 it would take off but a competing company is not going to push a Remington named product.
    "... the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their view to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their view." Dr. Who, 1977

Steve
    An American
    Supporter of the U.S. Constitution and ENTIRE Bill of Rights as Originally Written
    Retired U.S. Army
    Twice Retired

6.8 SPC the most versatile MSR Cartridge available in the AR 15 style firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Orionsrevenge View Post
    In my opinion, the worst in 2016 was the capacity lost by the Sellor & Belliot factory fire. That said, I think it provides the best option going forward. We should do the ultimate group buy and purchase the entire company and direct 6.8 production to SPC II pressures with the legal protection of a "foreign" corporation. Anybody speak Czech?
    You might need Portuguese to get the deal done, Czech made Brazilian owned but I like it