6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I had an 18" ARP 223 Wylde barrel arrive a few days ago, so I'll try your load when it's up and running.
Cool. 2.25 on the OAL or as long as you can load it.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Cool. 2.25 on the OAL or as long as you can load it.
I can't get any longer than 2.25" in my PMags, and 2.26" in my GI mags. Do you know of a mag that loads longer? I've thought of taking one of my 6.8 mags and using a 5.56 follower, since the 6.8 mag body allows longer loading. Would this work?

I can't get any longer than 2.25" in my PMags, and 2.26" in my GI mags. Do you know of a mag that loads longer? I've thought of taking one of my 6.8 mags and using a 5.56 follower, since the 6.8 mag body allows longer loading. Would this work?
I load the 75's to magazine length, shoots just fine. I load for my shortest magazine and know that no matter which one I grab I'm fine. 2.250 shoots moa just fine. Groups opened up a little at 500M, but I'm shooting sling supported and that's pushing it for magazine length.

BTW, this is in a 20" 1:7 wylde HBAR. Same loads work from a 1:8 5.56 match chamber 20" hbar. I interchange all 75/77 grain bullets except for the AMAX, which is much longer and must be treated as an 80gr or heavier and loaded much longer for single feed.

-Alexander

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.