Bad 7.62x39 Magazine?
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
    68Forums.com lifer

Default Bad 7.62x39 Magazine?

I bought one of your 10 round x39 mags a couple months ago. When I tried it today for the first time, I noticed it started bulging after 6 rounds. It also causes the rifle to jam badly. I also have your 20 round mags, which work great, so I know it's the 10 round mag causing problems. Went to CPD's site, and the only contact info I can find is for sales. What do I need to do?
    "Stupid is as stupid does"---Forrest Gump

6.8 SPC Fan

Send Chad an email:

chad@cproductsdefense.com

68Forums.com lifer

I sent one, thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 Member

My 10 round CPD works fine, no bulges when I load. My two ASC 7.62x39 magazines stopped holding the bolt back on all three of my AK round AR15s. Only used them about 10 times each. ASC doesn't seem interested in answering my emails about taking care of the defective mags nor the two 6.8 ASC magazines that are starting to give me feed issues.

Now I'm trying CPD and PRI magazines, so far so good but I would have said that a 6 months ago about my ASC magazines.

At least from what forum members post it seems CPD will take care of any issues with their products, so far ASC hasn't shown any interest for me.

68Forums.com lifer

Oops, forgot to update this. Chad responded to my email promptly. I took the mag apart, and found a small burr that was catching the follower. A few strokes with a file and it now works fine.

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by 17WSM View Post
    My 10 round CPD works fine, no bulges when I load. My two ASC 7.62x39 magazines stopped holding the bolt back on all three of my AK round AR15s. Only used them about 10 times each. ASC doesn't seem interested in answering my emails about taking care of the defective mags nor the two 6.8 ASC magazines that are starting to give me feed issues.

Now I'm trying CPD and PRI magazines, so far so good but I would have said that a 6 months ago about my ASC magazines.

At least from what forum members post it seems CPD will take care of any issues with their products, so far ASC hasn't shown any interest for me.
    I have a number of older ASC 7.62x39 and 6.8SPC magazines. Several of them also failed to operate the bolt stop some of the time.
    The problem was the follower was too short (front to back) and sometimes missed the bolt stop because the last round dragged the undersized follower to the front of the magazine. I replaced all of the ASC followers with CPD followers and have had zero hold-open problems since.
    Vote Out All Anti-gun Incumbents

Enact Term Limits
    {SIZE}

I'm a deplorable and I vote!
    [/SIZE][/B][/I]