Light 6mm bullets?
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
    68Forums.com Team Member

Default Light 6mm bullets?

What ever company starts making a light 6mm hunting bullet for the 6x45,6x6.8 243 etc would sell a lot I'd think something in the 69-65 grain range would be awesome

68Forums.com Industry Partner

Quote Originally Posted by sigpros View Post
    What ever company starts making a light 6mm hunting bullet for the 6x45,6x6.8 243 etc would sell a lot I'd think something in the 69-65 grain range would be awesome
    We have a 92 grain that should be releasing around the time of the 6mm Predator barrels, at least that is our intent.
    There will be a second weight in the 6mm as well, to be determined.
    Cavity Back Bullets

Home of custom precision CNC milled projectiles and more.

Affiliates:
    AR15 Performance
    IronWorks Tactical

The 6.8 SPCII, the best all around cartridge available in the AR15 platform.

68Forums.com Team Member

I'll keep watching.

Thank you for answering

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

68Forums.com lifer

any idea on what the 2nd weight bullet might be? be interesting to see what one could do with some in a 6mm br

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

6.8 SPC Fan

Yama I saw on the website you have some 243 in testing. Can you give specifics on what grain bullet your working on and will they be able to be loaded and work effective out of a bolt gun? I've seen the disclaimer on the 6.8/270 bullets about potentially not opening completely at over 3000fps so just wondering. I'm out of my Bergers for my daughters rifle and thought maybe I'd try them once you put them out.

I posted this on the MKZ performance thread this morning. Probably needs to be here. Guess I missed this one.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Shank820 View Post
    Yama I saw on the website you have some 243 in testing. Can you give specifics on what grain bullet your working on and will they be able to be loaded and work effective out of a bolt gun? I've seen the disclaimer on the 6.8/270 bullets about potentially not opening completely at over 3000fps so just wondering. I'm out of my Bergers for my daughters rifle and thought maybe I'd try them once you put them out.

I posted this on the MKZ performance thread this morning. Probably needs to be here. Guess I missed this one.
    a picture tells a thousand words --- looks like from his writing on the target that he's probably shooting 243 win, loaded with a 92gr CBB, and 42.5gr of RE17 powder ( mid book load for 90 grain bullets with this powder) loaded to 2.80" long (although 2.8 is over saami max length for 243 it is getting the bullet closer to the lands) --- he has said before that at the upper speeds, his bullets may loose the pedals, but still retain the base for good penetration --- I think he's still working on fine tuning the bullet, which means that he's probably still trying to dial in the opening speeds ---if he has more info, I'm sure he'l chime in

LUCK

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hog Man View Post
    a picture tells a thousand words --- looks like from his writing on the target that he's probably shooting 243 win, loaded with a 92gr CBB, and 42.5gr of RE17 powder ( mid book load for 90 grain bullets with this powder) loaded to 2.80" long (although 2.8 is over saami max length for 243 it is getting the bullet closer to the lands) --- he has said before that at the upper speeds, his bullets may loose the pedals, but still retain the base for good penetration --- I think he's still working on fine tuning the bullet, which means that he's probably still trying to dial in the opening speeds ---if he has more info, I'm sure he'l chime in

Ok thanks. I'm running the 95gr VLD's at 2.7 with I think 43.7gr of RE22. Shoots pretty dang good out of that little Mohawk. Need to load some up but after seeing that last night I thought I'd wait and see what he's got. As far as loads considering bullet weight I should be able to load close to the same as the Berger correct?

68Forums.com lifer

yup............he has said that using same weight bullet load data is where to start--- might be able to load a bit hotter than your 95 grain bergers with 92 CBB, but they would be real close

LUCK

6.8 SPC Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hog Man View Post
    yup............he has said that using same weight bullet load data is where to start--- might be able to load a bit hotter than your 95 grain bergers with 92 CBB, but they would be real close
    Sounds good. That load isn't hot. It's about middle road wise. I just loaded them up and shot it and stopped. Didn't think I could get any better accuracy wise after the first few shots.

New to the 6.8

Default 6mm bullets

Quote Originally Posted by sigpros View Post
    I have a set of Larry Blackmon benchrest bullet dies. These dies make flat based bullets with a 6 caliber ojive. I have made all my 6mm bullets for the last 8 years. I cannot get 1.20 j4 jackets for 100 -108 gr but have some .782 j4s to make from 58 gr to 71 gr.bullets. While these are target bullets, I have killed deer with 6mm dasher and 243 pc express. I make a 115 gr for the pc express and have not stopped a bullet in a deer sized animal yet. My best groups at 860 yds were 3". If you are interested, let me know and I will make up a few for you to test if you pay the postage. If you are interested in more, we can work something out.