Hand guards
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.

Thread: Hand guards

Default Hand guards

Please forgive my ignorance. This will be my first barrel replacement. I just purchased a Wilson Combat 18in 6.8 fluted sniper barrel. What hand guards can I use? Gas block should I be using?

68Forums.com lifer

If you want more than basic round .......check out the magpul designs. Great practical and affordable.
    NRA Life Member
    Believer and Supporter of "The Constitution"

68Forums.com Team Member

Default Magpul HGs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanlover442 View Post
    If you want more than basic round .......check out the magpul designs. Great practical and affordable.
    I might be wrong, but are Magpul handguards Free-float? I'm partial to Bravo company's myself...nice and light even at 15".
    14 Years IDF, 3 Years Israel National Police, Jersusalem Division, (currently inactive police reserve)
    Jews for The Preservation of Firearms Ownership / Gun Owners of America / NRA member

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Lover

The WC 18" Super Sniper ( http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Gr...o/TR-68USS18F/ ) is a heavy profile barrel that takes a .937 gas block. I recommend the SLR Sentry 9 for an adjustable, but they list them as .936 so the safer bet might be to get the gas block directly from WC: http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Gr...o/TR-68USS18F/

I am a fan of BCM KMR-A hanguards, but I'm guessing you'll have clearance problems with the gas block on a heavy profile barrel like that so you might want to consider a larger inner diameter handguard. I'd personally lean towards a ~15" handguard for an 18" barrel and I prefer KeyMod over M-LOK. I also prefer handguards that don't require timing the barrel nut. SLR Rifleworks would be a good place to look, but handguards are pretty much driven by personal preference and there are a lot of good options on the market.

Samson evolution. Traditional or keymod. Though I have become a fan of the keymods.

gas block, grab a Syrac or a Superlative.
    Originally Posted by CJATE
    So no one has done it and lived to post?

6.8 SPC Fan

The new Aero Precision quantum hand guards have a larger interior diameter, not timing for gas tube, as well as both Key Mod and M Lok. Price is nice too. granite ridge outfitters has the best price I have seen online.
    “People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”

Thanks for the feed back, some really good info.