my experience with 120 grain SSTs yesterady - Page 7
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    New to the 6.8

i had plenty run off, with both guns. sometimes they pass through and sometimes they don't.

the 120 grn SST is what i use but havent had the chance to shoot anything with them. Doesn't sound promising based on the story

I know there are a LOT of fans of the 120 gr SST. It kills great...I agree...but I personally don't like it because even though it turns the insides into soup, entrance and exit wounds seem very small and don't leak much, if at all. This is fine if you are doing pest control or are hunting in open plains...but in thick brush...I wish you good luck with tracking your game if they don't drop right there. I had a buck that I shot with one run just 70 yards...took over an hour to find it in the thick brush. I started to doubt myself...but I knew it was a kill shot...so I kept looking. I no longer use the SST for hunting. I now use the Nosler or the Barnes.

I found that deer by going back to where he was standing and said..."Forget looking for blood, which way would I go if I wanted out of here fast"...and only then did I find him 70 yards out. Hardly any blood on the buck...but the vitals were soup.
    Last edited by Chimera Kennels; 01-23-2017 at 12:03 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 Member

So I should probably let this go but I found the pig that got away. What was left of him. He definitely died which I knew he would, i hit him a few times. But he's dead. Not too far from the blind. I killed two more pigs with the 120s. One didn't exit. The other I shot in the neck and left like a softball size hole in his neck. I've got about 100 rounds left. Just gonna use them up on pigs/varmints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by djones View Post
    i had plenty run off, with both guns. sometimes they pass through and sometimes they don't.
    It is not the bullet its the loose nut behind the trigger.

Todd Huey
    Pro Staff LWRC, Vortex Optics, Armasight, SILENCER SHOP, Bass Pro Shops, Modern Outfitters.

68Forums.com lifer

Now that is just TOO funny TLM!
    Vietnam Vet...Vets helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!

My 6.8 Collection

The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15