6.8 Bolt Gun question - Page 5
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sgedicks View Post
    Anyone looking for a Remington 700 LTR in 6.8?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    You have one?

6.8 SPC Lover

I traded for one today, guy said less than 100 rds through it, original owner

6.8 SPC Lover

Will give it a good clean and inspect this week

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 Member

Would be very interested in it if you want to sell - looking to get a bolt action but was leaning toward a 308.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by sgedicks View Post
    Opportunity knocked this last week and I bought a Remington 700P in 6.8 - 26" fluted barrel. I have been waiting for years to find one for sale. We'll see which one shoots better - the Reminton 700 or the ARP barrel Savage. It may not be a fair comparison, as the Remington is not a 6.8 Spec II chamber.
    The SPC chamber may or may not be a factor in accuracy. Reaming to SPCII will allow better pressure specs but the SPC chamber in a bolt gun will still accept higher pressures than the AR platform. Mine was reamed to SPCII before I bought it however.

6.8 SPC Lover

I will put the LTR up on the EE after I check it closely for all those interested.

The biggest difference (for a bolt action) between the ARP barreled Savage and the Remmy 700 P is really the rifling - twist rate and rifling style. The chamber does play in, but certainly not as much as in an auto loader.

I'm still very much interested to see which rifle likes which load, I doubt the 2 rifles will do well with the same exact load, same projectile and case.

6.8 SPC Lover

Someone on this forum kept after me to buy it and it is being shipped to his FFL. The rifle cleaned up pretty good and looks to be in great shape.

6.8 SPC Lover

I am keeping the 700 P in 6.8... 26" what's not to love?

http://

6.8 SPC Fan

Default Just got word on my McGowen Barrel

I just got the email from McGowen Precision Barrels that my 6.8 barrel in on the way and They are also including a $97 refund for an overpayment. I think I'm most excited about getting this refund more than the tube, for a company to do that says a lot about the company in my opinion because how would a customer even know that they are being overcharged unless you are dealing with an honest business operator. A big Kudos to McGowen!

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by wxl View Post
    The SPC chamber may or may not be a factor in accuracy. Reaming to SPCII will allow better pressure specs but the SPC chamber in a bolt gun will still accept higher pressures than the AR platform. Mine was reamed to SPCII before I bought it however.

How much higher pressure will a bolt gun take over an AR? I would think the signs of pressure at the primer would not change?