MEGA - Small Frame 308 MATEN
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
    6.8 SPC Fan

Default MEGA - Small Frame 308 MATEN

Just a heads up, reduced size 308 from MEGA (Small Frame MATEN). I really like mega. Kinda wish they stuck with standard size bcg and just made the receivers smaller. More companies need to make receivers like the Xanthos, just cheaper.

http://www.megaarms.com/sf-maten/

68Forums.com lifer

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Nixem View Post
    Just a heads up, reduced size 308 from MEGA (Small Frame MATEN). I really like mega. Kinda wish they stuck with standard size bcg and just made the receivers smaller. More companies need to make receivers like the Xanthos, just cheaper.

2A Xanthos are sweet but they are very expensive. I have a SBR with the Balios Lite and probably do a 308 sometime next year with the Xanthos.

6.8 SPC Addict

These are still $2500, you can get a nexgen for less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got it out of the catalogue when I was with D.C. SWAT. We called it "Gucciflage"

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Fan

I don't know, maybe it's the tinkerer in me, but I would rather build. H's stuff is 100℅ top notch. Just kinda amazes me, all these people coming out with 308 receiver sets and they are all chunks of metal. I'm surprised mega didn't release a slimed down MATEN instead of a completely new platform. Seems like 308 is dispersing instead of converging to a standard.

6.8 SPC Fan

I don't know, maybe it's the tinkerer in me, but I would rather build. H's stuff is 100℅ top notch. Just kinda amazes me, all these people coming out with 308 receiver sets and they are all chunks of metal. I'm surprised mega didn't release a slimed down MATEN instead of a completely new platform. Seems like 308 is dispersing instead of converging to a standard.
    Dispersal means prices stay high... look at the AR-15 market.. prices have been dropping for a while now. Maybe these companies want to not have a set standard as to keep competition lower in the patterns they deal with? Just a thought.

It's a balancing act. Not at all unlike the fast food industry. You have 10 companies making burgers, 3 making tacos, and a handful making fried chicken. When I want chicken I go get chicken, likewise if I want a burger I go get one. Usually it's just whatever is closest, cheapest and easiest. I don't differentiate from Wendy's or McDonald's or whatever because a burger is a burger. Now...you put onion rings, barbecue sauce, and shoestring French fries with it and I'm going to Steak and Shake, don't care if I pay an extra dollar(20% price bump). Now, apply the same thing to guns...I want a rifle and 10 companies make the same thing totally indistinguishable from one another, I'm buying the first one I get to for a reasonable price. Now, you put a slickside upper on it and a match grade barrel and I'm buying your target rifle. Don't care if I have to pay an extra 200 bucks. Each persons preferences vary slightly and the designers are those people. They are trying to find the best ways to lure in a customer. Some folks are drawn to skull shaped receivers, some to cheap plastic ones...they are watching the rat race in the AR15 world too and looking at slim margins and hellacious competition. They are doing all they can to stand out with a couple parts...and those couple different parts require more parts that only they produce. They want to be as far away from a generic burger as they can be so that they really stand out, but they still want the business of the guy that just feels like eating a burger today.

I think because of the election and the possibility that Clinton might win many companies were concentrating on their best sellers, as in AR15 parts. I think now that it is over you may start seeing a lot more 308 items on the market.
    01 FFL, NRA, GOA, NAGR
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
    ~Elmer Davis

6.8 SPC Fan

Ya. I was thinking the same. .with all the new light designs its going to be hard to
    resist.

68Forums.com Team Member

Thumbs down

Hmm.
    Just saw this for the first time. Don't like it one bit because of all the dumb lines on it. Keep it smooth. Looks like a video game geek created it. No thanks Mega. Do better next time.

6.8 SPC Lover

Based off the popularity of their standard MATEN, I'm sure this will be a big hit. Good luck finding any available however. Maybe after Shot Show we'll see some new product offerings along these lines as well. I really wish DPMS would open up the G2 parts availability. Would love to pick up another receiver set and see some aftermarket barrel offerings. There is at least one company making barrel extensions now, but I have yet to see any complete barrel options.