Combat ammo - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Combat ammo

Quote Originally Posted by colt565 View Post
    I don't think we signed the Hague accords but we seem to follow them anyway. We won't adopt anything that NATO doesn't adopt. 556 is here to stay unfortunately. The 68 would be a better option.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    We didn't adopt the first Hague accords of 1899 but we did adopt all treaties and convention of the second convention of 1907. The 1907 Convention consists of thirteen treaties—of which twelve were ratified and entered into force.
    01 FFL, NRA, GOA, NAGR
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
    ~Elmer Davis

6.8 SPC Addict

Quote Originally Posted by WVHunter1s1k View Post
    I'd say110-115gr would be a good balance of speed & momentum. 120gr ain't shabby either.
    That was the original intent according to quite a few sites retelling the development with people named Holland and Murray. They wanted something that hit harder from the short barrel M4, yet moved faster than the 7.62 x 39..

Quote Originally Posted by bedlamite View Post
    This, but it's not likely to ever happen.
    I am not going to lose sleep on it. However, the suggestion of General Mattis for SECDEF brings it right back on the table. He will not be guided by politics when he says to do something.

New to the 6.8

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    That was the original intent according to quite a few sites retelling the development with people named Holland and Murray. They wanted something that hit harder from the short barrel M4, yet moved faster than the 7.62 x 39..

I am not going to lose sleep on it. However, the suggestion of General Mattis for SECDEF brings it right back on the table. He will not be guided by politics when he says to do something.
    This is one of the reasons for the development of the 6.8 SPC which was proven to be more effective than the current 5.56 round or the 7.62 x 39 however DOD shelved it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Addict

Quote Originally Posted by bgreed View Post
    This is one of the reasons for the development of the 6.8 SPC which was proven to be more effective than the current 5.56 round or the 7.62 x 39 however DOD shelved it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    There was a Marine Corps Times article stating General Mattis wanted it, but the DoD said no. Have you seen that article? I am hoping he revisits the issue of under powered ammo in exchange for firepower. There is an effective medium.