6.8 SPC Forums banner

Iranian Speedboats Harassing? Battleship....

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Equalizer_2 
#1 ·
If these speedboats are armed at all it is a problem. If they have Missiles or Torpedo's it is a bigger problem. They can do some damage but will of course lose any confrontation and they know it.

So what are some non-lethal responses we could employ.

I like the idea of just dropping huge cargo nets on the little ships with our airplanes.

Surfacing a submarine in their midst??

War games anyone??

#2 ·
If these speedboats are armed at all it is a problem. If they have Missiles or Torpedo's it is a bigger problem. They can do some damage but will of course lose any confrontation and they know it.

So what are some non-lethal responses we could employ.

I like the idea of just dropping huge cargo nets on the little ships with our airplanes.

Surfacing a submarine in their midst??

War games anyone??
HUH? What? A meaningful connection with a link would be helpful....

#6 ·
Thank you............I am watching several news channels...Fox, CNBC and such plus the usual news shows...........NOT ONE MENTIONED THIS INCIDENT.

Wondering who or what is squashing the story during the election cycle? Surprised the Iranians would pull these type of stunts off when they want embargoes lifted and big money returned. Would not think this would make things easier for them.

#12 · (Edited)
You are a way out of the loop sanctions have been lifted, ransom was paid for 5 of the six hostages, Obama paid the Iranies the 1.7billion that the us froze on them in 1979 when they took the last group of hostages said it was money owed to them with interest all to sign a promise note that they won't build a nuke (that they already have) in ten years. Most people raising there families do not have enough time to pay attention to this crap, but people are going to have to put those baby bottles down for a minute and wake up America some bodies family or the country is going to get hurt from what the Obama administration is pulling with these nice Iranian people[emoji56]
They think they are running things now, they know Obama not going to do anything he's a spineless community organizer all he'd have to do is shoot one over the bow of one those Iranian ships and they would be ****'n grape leafes all the back to BC . And I don't know how you missed it, it's been on fox all day for the last three. I don't know about the rest of ya but this country didn't become great by letting those drug induced terrorist toy with us like this[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Well while you say may be correct still paying attention wont hurt. It IS News..

U.S. Navy ship fires warning shots at Iranian vesselBy Idrees AliAugust 25, 2016

By Idrees Ali
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Navy ship fired warning shots toward an Iranian fast-attack craft that approached two U.S. ships, a Pentagon spokesman said on Thursday, in the most serious of a number of incidents in the Gulf area this week.
"They did feel compelled ultimately to fire three warning shots and the reason for that is... they had taken steps already to try and de-escalate this situation," spokesman Peter Cook told reporters.
Tensions have increased in the Gulf in recent days despite an improvement in relations between Iran and the United States.
Years of mutual animosity eased when Washington lifted sanctions on Tehran in January after a deal to curb Iran's nuclear ambitions but serious differences still remain over Iran's ballistic missile program, Syria and Iraq.
A U.S. defense official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the USS Squall patrol craft fired three warning shots from a .50 caliber gun in the northern Gulf on Wednesday after warning flares did not work.
The incident started with three Iranian vessels, but there was only one around by the time the warning shots were fired, the official said. He described the Iranian behavior as "unsafe, unprofessional, and not routine."
At one point, the Iranian vessel came within 200 yards (193 meters) of a U.S. ship, the official said.
Another interaction took place between an Iranian and U.S. ship on Wednesday, the defense official said but gave few more details.
The Pentagon earlier this week accused Iranian vessels of harassing a U.S. warship near the Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday.
On Thursday, Iran's defense minister said those Iranian vessels were just doing their job.
"If an American ship enters Iran's maritime region, it will definitely get a warning. We will monitor them and, if they violate our waters, we will confront them," Defense Minister Hossein Dehghan said in a statement reported by the Iranian Students' News Agency.
A State Department spokeswoman said it was not clear what the intentions of the Iranian ships were, but the behavior was unacceptable.
"We believe that these type of actions are of concern, they unnecessarily escalate tensions," State Department spokeswoman Elizabeth Trudeau told a briefing.
(Reporting by Idrees Ali; Additional reporting by Mohammad Zargham; Editing by Paul Simao and Alistair Bell)

#8 ·
Sounds like a job for a well equipped min-gun strafing run (just for practice's sake).

#10 ·
i didn't see this, i was at danang and didn't make this operation but a really good friend did. it was the first big battalion sized op the 3rd MARDIV kicked off. it was called Harvest Moon. the VC were trapped on a progressively smaller peninsula and were being physically driven into the sea, they thought they had an escape route with plenty of boats, they got on their boats and when they got offshore Navy aircraft doused them with JP4, my old friend told me you could see the JP4 mist. naval gunfire ignited the mist and the excape fleet of wooden boats. my friend said it looked like the sky was on fire, cooked em all.

he still dreams about it

#18 ·
i didn't see this, i was at danang and didn't make this operation but a really good friend did. it was the first big battalion sized op the 3rd MARDIV kicked off. it was called Harvest Moon. the VC were trapped on a progressively smaller peninsula and were being physically driven into the sea, they thought they had an escape route with plenty of boats, they got on their boats and when they got offshore Navy aircraft doused them with JP4, my old friend told me you could see the JP4 mist. naval gunfire ignited the mist and the excape fleet of wooden boats. my friend said it looked like the sky was on fire, cooked em all.

he still dreams about it
Sounds like a plan. Devised when men made decisions instead of who is today running things.

#15 ·
I really don't care what people think I'm tired of it and the people that are suppose to do something about it don't care either all this not caring starts at the top and trickles down so guess what ? The trickle down effect works and those Libs said it could'nt . So I'd say if a few words of discription offends you join Hillarys side because nothing bothers that criminal, I think telling lie after lie after lie is a lot worse than a little profiling[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Obama peace partner Iran spends some of that 'definitely not a ransom' windfall showing off their boats to the US Navy
**Written by Doug Powers
The Obama administration's historic "deal partner" Iran went out of their way in international waters to stop by and say hello to U.S. Navy ships:
Four Iranian small boats harassed a U.S. Navy warship near the Persian Gulf, but no missiles were fired, the chief of naval operations said Wednesday.
Adm. John Richardson said the incident involving the guided missile destroyer USS Nitze reflects the greater competition the U.S. is facing at sea. He added it underscores the naval tensions with Tehran, which include other similar incidents as well as the brief detention in January of 10 U.S. Navy sailors who mistakenly steered into Iranian waters.
A U.S. defense official said the Iranian boats approached the Nitze at high speed on Wednesday, in an unsafe and unprofessional manner. The destroyer fired ten flares in the direction of the Iranian boats and sounded the ship's whistle several times in an effort to warn the boats away, the official said. The Nitze also tried to communicate with the Iranians over the radio, and also changed course to avoid the vessels.
The official said two boats ignored the warnings and continued to speed toward the Nitze until they were within 300 yards of the U.S. ship.
Maybe the Iranians were just swinging by to say "thanks for being such a great deal partner":
For a summary of the Obama administration's progress on the diplomatic front these past 7.5 years, give a read to "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie."

http://michellemalkin.com/2016/08/2...dfall-showing-off-their-boats-to-the-us-navy/

#20 ·
That book is prophetic of the Obama administration. It is though the author was seeing the future.

he still dreams about it
Sounds like a good plan to use on this dirtbags.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.