VA - Page 2
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VA

Quote Originally Posted by crayj View Post
    that is my experience as well. before they had the card readers to check in you had to see a clerk who input data into the system, one day the line was 40 people long at a minimum, i finally got to the front and the girl doing the data input had a nub of a thumb and a little finger on her left hand, and a thumb nub on the right. she could type about 1 word a minute, now i know she needs work, but hells bells give her something she can do, not patient check in.

my primary care physician is a hoot, he's chinese and i can barely understand 1 word in 5. he told me once, "in my country, old sick people like you we send home to die" LOL he always asks me if i want a "digital rectal exam", i always answer, "no, do you" . he always answers in the negative and i say, "good, we're on the same page then" then leave
    Primary Care Physicians have it rough around here. Mine told me how many patients were assigned to her and I just about fell out of my chair. I don't remember the exact number but it was several thousand. The clinic here in town will not see you for anything without an appointment and they don't offer any services but Primary care and bloodwork. They don't even have any xray equipment. The one my dad was going to in Arkansas would take walk ins. Not here. They have a big sign that says: Do not come here without an appointment. You will not be seen. If it is an emergency go to the local hospital or drive to Augusta (2 hrs). I have torn rotator cuff in both shoulders and it took over a year to get through all the nonsense and I still haven't seen an orthopedic surgeon yet. They finally got me into the veterans choice program and I will be seeing a local Orthopedic surgeon a week from tomorrow.
    Last edited by Woodstock; 05-29-2016 at 11:23 PM.
    01 FFL, NRA, GOA, NAGR
    "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."
    ~Elmer Davis

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by UofH6.8 View Post
    That's why it sucks. However, I take it as it is; a service that no one owes us. I don't always have bad luck either. I went last Sunday to the ER and was in an out in a little over an hour for a severe poison sumac reaction. I'm not sure if it was due to restructuring or not many patients, but I was impressed.

I also understand how some of the staff develop attitudes. Let's be honest and admit that some of our fellow vets are cantankerous folks. For some reason I don't know, it's usually a Vietnam vet giving them grief.
    Not to worry, in another couple decades or so most of us VN Vets will be dead and you can have the fu*king line all to yourself!
    Last edited by Gotfour; 05-30-2016 at 10:05 AM.
    '67 Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club, "Big Mothers"

6.8 SPC Lover

i am a VietNam vet, i have 5 awards of the VietNam Service Medal. we got used to being treated like sh!t years ago and expect nothing better from anyone now. your comment offends the living sh!t out of me, but i'll simply walk away as i have many times at the VA
    You're choosing to get offended about something not even directed at you. It's a truthful observation by me. I've learned that a grown man should never state "I'm offended". We are discussing how the VA operates after all. It's prudent to look at it from all angles which is exactly what I did. It's not exactly something that is far fetched since there's a whole lot of VN vets at the VA and they are getting older. The stats show here in TX they're pretty much tied with Gulf War vets for being in the system. Like I pointed out already though, their age makes them more likely to be using the services. WW2 and Korean vets don't come close. I don't operate on personal bias.

I don't get upset when someone makes a observation about OIF/OEF vets they encounter. It's their experience so who am I to get mad? If it doesn't apply then I go about my business and respect their experience.
    Last edited by UofH6.8; 05-31-2016 at 08:44 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

6.8 SPC Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Gotfour View Post
    Not to worry, in another couple decades or so most of us VN Vets will be dead and you can have the fu*king line all to yourself!
    See above.

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by UofH6.8 View Post
    See above.
    my being offended bothers you, and you denigrate me for using it. i should have just said this, "you're a certified moron and you p!ss me off no end" i wish there was an ignore button here so i would no longer have to see your drivel. and i seriously doubt you're anywhere near truthful.
    There is a Clique, I ain't in it, Signed, Paranoid Deplorable

6.8 SPC Lover

my being offended bothers you, and you denigrate me for using it. i should have just said this, "you're a certified moron and you p!ss me off no end" i wish there was an ignore button here so i would no longer have to see your drivel. and i seriously doubt you're anywhere near truthful.
    Doesn't bother me in the least because I can't grasp why someone would care about something that doesn't pertain to them (if it doesn't). We're talking about the downfalls of the VA and I'm perfectly willing to see all sides. My experiences are truthful. Me saying that my experiences with attitudes usually come from one group isn't an assumption all are like that. You're making that leap which has you bent out of shape and what people looking to be a victim do. This is simple logic. If you can't grasp that, then there's a disconnect we will never be able to overcome. That's on you, not me.

More than once I have had to tell one of your fellow generation to calm the eff down when they've launched into a tirade or denigrated a clerk. I've done it to vets of my peer group too, but it's been way less. Never had to do it to a WW2 or Korean vet because A: it's way less common to see them B: they don't really get agitated that much. They don't get a free pass from me because I've seen just as bad stuff as they have. If you can't control your emotions you shouldn't be in public. I even had one darn near try to have a standoff with me because he thought I was cutting in the pharmacy line when really I went up to the window set aside for mailing prescriptions.
    Last edited by UofH6.8; 05-31-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Default time in line

just a few for the VA I started in the system in1998 almost thirty tears after leaving the military just did not want the hassle but in 98 a severe ear infection got my attention the mater was taken care of and my great journey with in the system began now I am 100 + % from a plethora of stuff bullet wounds, a couple TBIs, the human boy does not respond well to sudden stops while hung from a parachute or explosions under a truck you are a passenger in. broken leg ankle and several other items.I am a Vietnam vet and do not see any one in the system as a bring down well maybe the guy I saw in the mental unit in a bunny suit take was a bit strange ( them made me go to this zoo because I mentioned the magic word suicide and how it was non productive but they said go or lose ) I have seen about every form of distrust of the vets, there suppose to be serving and the entire system is filled with personal that nned to be removed from there jobs and never given a federal job again but that's just my opinion

6.8 SPC Lover

HR 1259 the VA Accountability First Act of 2017 just passed it's first hurdle. It takes away the non discipline of VA employees.
    They tried to make me learn but I was too tuff for 'em. Calvin--- Calvin an Hobbes
    Real men hunt with Standard Poodles.