First test of the Sup Arms bleed off gas block - Page 5
Welcome to the Home of the 6.8 SPC - 68forums.com.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by ncorry View Post
    Is Syrac out of business at this point?

appears to be a bit of a sore spot on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/syracordnance/

LUCK
    is the residue leftover when you subtract chance from preparation.

If you reload, turn a flat based bullet around and seat it backwards in the case with apx .170 of the full dia part of the bullet left outside the case. Chamber it. If it chambers you have a SPCII. If not start seating the bullet deeper. If the full diameter part of the bullets ends up apx .070 out it is a SAAMI chamber.

68Forums.com Industry Partner

Quote Originally Posted by alphasig View Post
    I already have syrac on two 6.8. One seekin on my 308. I plan on shooting suppresses on all three is it worth switching to superlative. I do want to reduce amount of gas and dirtying the rest of the rounds In the mag. Not sure that do you guys think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No in my opinion as stated above the adjustable gas blocks work!

Brett

Affiliates!

Default First test of the Sup Arms bleed off gas block

Quote Originally Posted by semi_cop View Post
    The first Superlative blocks I used simply would not work in full bleed off setting. They were still over gassed at full bleed off suppressed. After the bleed off ports were opened up I was able to to obtain 3:00 ejection suppressed with my 12.5" ARP's. I also was able to get 3:00 ejection with my 8" barrel but had to install an H2 buffer with that short gas system to obtain it. From what I understand they work really well in 5.56 applications but I don't know that from experience.

The SLR and the Odin are the best restricting blocks IMO as well.

For now I'm satisfied with my Superlative blocks.
    No matter how much I changed adjustment they ejected at 3 o clock. Didn't mean they fully cycled, cycled harshly or work properly.

I'm not bad mouthing the product as the product itself is a good design but they just didn't work well with the gas pulse of the 6.8.

Brett

Affiliates!

4. Remove Advertisements
    68Forums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sfsmedic View Post
    No matter how much I changed adjustment they ejected at 3 o clock. Didn't mean they fully cycled, cycled harshly or work properly.

I'm not bad mouthing the product as the product itself is a good design but they just didn't work well with the gas pulse of the 6.8.

Agree, the blocks are machined very well and are done right. The first blocks I had would have been just fine if I used them as a conventional gas block and restricted the gas, they just wouldn't work as designed. Now that the bleed off port was increased and set at full bleed off suppressed, the ejection is back to 3:00 which I can live with.
    Last edited by semi_cop; 02-24-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by semi_cop View Post
    Agree, the blocks are machined very well and are done right. The first blocks I had would have been just fine if I used them as a conventional gas block and restricted the gas, they just wouldn't work as designed. Now that the bleed off port was increased and set at full bleed off suppressed, the ejection is back to 3:00 which I can live with.
    Like I said they always ejected at 3 o clock didn't make any difference the gas was all over the place and wrong. It made for inconsistency and therefore hurt accuracy. Or I'd be using them.

You can't just go off where the brass lands especially in a venting type system like this.

Brett

Affiliates!

Quote Originally Posted by sfsmedic View Post
    Like I said they always ejected at 3 o clock didn't make any difference the gas was all over the place and wrong. It made for inconsistency and therefore hurt accuracy. Or I'd be using them.

Mine were 1-2:00 b4, consistent @ 3:00 now. 90 gold dots suppressed shoot great @ 100 yards which I'm satisfied with for deer hunting here in the hardwoods. If I was to shoot heavier Bullets or hotter I'd be back to over gassed again and be forced to restrict rather than bleed off.

68Forums.com lifer

So Brett, once SB 710 passes and CA can put a suppressor on hunting rifles, what would you recommend for an adjustable gasblock for a 6.8?

68Forums.com lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Firearrow View Post
    So Brett, once SB 710 passes and CA can put a suppressor on hunting rifles, what would you recommend for an adjustable gasblock for a 6.8?

I have no issues with the SLR adjustable gas blocks on my 6.8's shooting suppressed.

I have a Superlative as well and could not get it to work as advertised on my 10.5" 5.56.

He's using SLR's now instead of Syrac.

Sorry missed this. Yes I recommend the SLRs that's what we are using now for all our adjustable uppers. Well designed and easily cleanable and rebuildable. I've always been a proponent of the clickable repeatable adjustments also.

Brett

Affiliates!

Search tags for this page

sup arms piston

suparms gas block

Click on a term to search for related topics.