6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 40 of 115 Posts
Lol I was kidding. I'm pretty stupid about a lot of things but even I wouldn't drill holes in that 2A set it looks fantastic. My new cf prepreg ships tomorrow so hopefully in a couple days I'll have a update on grip. I'm gonna be industrious weather warming up high 32 yesterday high in low 60s tomorrow! !! My omega suppressor supposed to be in tomorrow. Gonna throw it on my blkout coyote sbr and sight in my xsight. Might be able to try holing some puppies Saturday night.
Sweet! Good luck getting any sleep tonight then! LOL I always get too excited about that sort of thing and can't sleep.

Lol no worries I sleep like a rock. I'm a bit giddy though will be half the weight of my specwar. Do wish I'd put a little more research into it and gotten something light that would work with my 6.8sbr. My first attempt at the CF wrapped skeleonized K grip came in at 1.2oz but I messed up and the wrap sunk in some of the larger holes in grip making it funky looking, I've got a couple fixes to try out just lazy in the cold. Breastroker ar10 set he's getting is giving me the sweats but I have to hold off I'm trying to find a six8 set for a special build.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Titanium Muzzle Brake 0.65 ounces

Got my titanium brake, @ 0.65 ounces. Already ordered another one. If you google Weatherby Accubrake and many others use this spiral pattern for reducing recoil and compensation. No need to clock this bad boy. This is 0.80 ounces less than the V7 Furion at 1.45 ounces.

breaststroker--- if you (or anyone else) wants to play around with "re-profiling" a barrel to lighten it up and not worry to much about screwing up an expensive barrel if something goes wrong, you ought to nab one of these when they come back in stock http://www.reloadingbrasswarehouse.com/product-p/308-bl-ap4.htm @ only $120 for a dpms 16" (only issue I see is that it's carbine gas) ... they also have melonite complete 308 BCG for $119

Discussion starter · #27 ·
My X-Caliber 16 inch is already sent out for re-profiling. I figure with the same material (416R) same inner diameter of 308 and the same profile as my Juggernaught 18 inch barrel the 16 inch should come in 2 ounces less.

I've been following your light weight threads for some time with enthusiasm. Only thing that is missing from them is the wallet damage next to the weights. Hell, my google-fu is not strong enough to even find the 2A Xanthos.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
If you really want that 2A Arms Xanthos call them, I am sure they would be happy to put you on the list. They have a LOT of orders from Shot Show, not sure how many are already sold. I am sure they want to sell these as soon as possible, they must have a lot invested in this receiver set.

They also have a matching AR 308 ultra lite hand guard coming, maybe another 30-60 days.

between the receivers and the hand guard you will cut over a pound compared to the Mega. that means you can use that heavier barrel or stock and still have a under 7 pound AR 308.

Ask for Justin, he is the Sales Manager. Tell them the guy from the 6.8 forum said they would be available soon.

If you can apply for a LEO or mil discount, 10% off is $69.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
2A Xanthos receivers shipping NOW

Got this email from 2A General Manager
we received them back from anodize late yesterday, they need to be logged
into our system for tracking and we should start shipping today
So maybe next week I will start on build.

Call them and order NOW. Not on their web site yet. Be sure to ask for the mil / LEO 10% discount. I am getting the mil discount, sweet.

Discussion starter · #34 · (Edited)
Here is my receiver set being boxed for shipping Friday the 4th

Here is my receiver set being boxed for shipping Friday the 4th. UPS so about a week till it gets to my FFL dealer. My Mag Tactical AR15 lower also finally shipped today.

Expect to see the large frame Xanthos ultra lite receiver set on the @A web site in a week. Remember only 16.3 ounces for BOTH.

Breaststroker,

Have you heard of Alexandria Pro-Fab 308 receivers? I can't find the weight anywhere on their website and as of yet, no reviews. The price on Aim Surplus is $119 and it looks alot like the Tactical Machine.

Discussion starter · #40 · (Edited)
X-Caliber 416R fluted 16" AR308 barrel @ 31.7 ounces

X-Caliber 416R fluted 16" AR308 barrel @ 31.3 ounces.

Just go an email from the 6.8 member who has cut down the excess weight from the 36 ounce barrel. All done except for the final finish.

So that cuts 2.1 ounces from the already super lite Juggernaut 18 inch fluted barrel.

This allows me to keep the Juggernaut 18 inch on my Tactical Machining upper.

Also my Xanthos receiver set did ship Friday, expect it to be here in a day or two.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.