6.8 SPC Forums banner

9 pt 140 class w/ 12.5 SBR and Omega Suppressor

4K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  The Rookie 
#1 ·
I got my first decent size buck recently with my 12.5 in. SBR and Omega can. I use a Hornady 120 SST custom round. It was a heart shot, and this guy ran about 25 yards before collapsing. I have been very pleased with the 6.8 round. I've taken out a few hogs with it as well, and it is just incredible the type of trauma that round does.

See less See more
#15 ·
This buck was shot in the Hill Country in Texas.

Sooooooooo to my understanding the omega is not 6.8 sbr rated (min length listed by silencer Co is 16). How does it sound on your 12.5 sbr and you are shooting factory 120sst correct? How's poi shift? Great looking buck
I did some research as well. My 68 is a incredible. I am shooting factory Hornady SST yes. The POI is very minimal, however, with suppressor off and just shooting the brake, the POI is about 6 inches difference haha.

All very nice, loving that green grass too.:a12:
It was a beautiful day for sure buddy.

Congrats on a nice buck
Thx Buddy

Awesome looking buck man and congrats. Came job looks pretty sweet as well.
Thx. I do cerakote work, and this is one of our kryptek patterns. Hit me up if you ever want cerakote work done.

Nice buck!!!
Thx

Sweet! Nice buck.
Thx

Very nice, wish we could could hunt with suppressors in my area. I dread having to shoot w/o ear pro even once.
Yeah especially if its an SBR. Before my suppressor came in, I shot 3 rounds at a hog, and almost went deaf. I hope your laws change soon buddy.

Very nice buck, congratulations!
Thx

Nice buck and rig! Can't wait to take ownership of my first suppressor, an omega.
You'll like it. I've been satisfied with mine. My next one will be a Surefire RC2 or a Surefire 300 SPS

Nice! Welcome aboard.
How many yard shot?
It was about 150 yard shot.

#5 ·
Congrats on a nice buck

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.